Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget LVPO options?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Take a look around for 3 gun matches. Most people won't find you taking a look through theirs and will give you hands on with mounts and eye relief.
    Fantastic idea! Will watch as things warm up and get going around here.

Sadly, we don't have many local, but would be worth a small drive to observe and get some knowledge.

Feedback Score
    You were getting really good advice here. This data is an excellent fit for the money. The stainer is an excellent optic for the money. Buying a $100 optic to see if you like the format is like buying a Suzuki Samurai see if you like a Jeep Rubicon .
    Last edited by KTR03; 05-13-18 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    You were getting really good advice here. This data is an excellent fit for the money. The stainer is an excellent optic for the money. Buying a $100 optic to see if you like the format is like buying a Suzuki Samurai see if you like a Jeep Rubicon .
    Agreed, I had a keen sense that it would be the case.

I am just glad I am taking the advice. It helps stave off my cravings by hearing it from a third party.

I will look to the Steiner, even if it means I will get antsy waiting.

Love your analogy, truly entertaining.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Agreed, I had a keen sense that it would be the case.

I am just glad I am taking the advice. It helps stave off my cravings by hearing it from a third party.

I will look to the Steiner, even if it means I will get antsy waiting.

Love your analogy, truly entertaining.
    Dude... you ask questions, take in information, don’t cop an attitude, ask follow ups, and when someone gently teases you you think it’s entertaining. You are either a smart, secure individual or this is your first day on the Internet. Either way, nice job being an adult. Hopefully it’s contegious. 😀

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just went thru the same thing. I didn't want to spend an enormous amount of money for a proof of concept to see if I would like it or not. I was torn between several good choices mentioned here. Steiner 1-4 being pretty high on the list. I considered a Viper PST II 1-6, The Steiner P4Xi 1-4, the Razor and finally the Primary Arms Raptor 1-6 (FFP). I was salvaging a mount (ADM Recon) that I had on another rifle so I excluded that cost. I really wanted to pull the trigger on a Razor but in the end couldn't justify it, plus it is super heavy.

My final choice ended up being the Primary Arms Raptor 1-6, mainly due to the stellar reviews and the easy to use ACSS reticle. Very easy hits at 50/100/200/300. Like a red dot with the illumination on, not quite as fast as the H1 I'm replacing. That little bit of magnification made a huge difference for me as I creep up in years. I would highly suggest saving for one of these, at $400 it's quite a bargain. Doesn't look bad on the gun either.

Version 2 by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Vortex Razor Gen II is a great, affordable LVPO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Vortex Razor Gen II is a great, affordable LVPO.

That's a $1,500 optic. I don't think the OP, or many others on this board, would consider it affordable.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's a $1,500 optic. I don't think the OP, or many others on this board, would consider it affordable.
    They’re 1200 all day long in the EE with mount typically

I paid 1225 with Geissele Mount for mine. Lifetime warranty from Vortex.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    I just went thru the same thing. I didn't want to spend an enormous amount of money for a proof of concept to see if I would like it or not. I was torn between several good choices mentioned here. Steiner 1-4 being pretty high on the list. I considered a Viper PST II 1-6, The Steiner P4Xi 1-4, the Razor and finally the Primary Arms Raptor 1-6 (FFP). I was salvaging a mount (ADM Recon) that I had on another rifle so I excluded that cost. I really wanted to pull the trigger on a Razor but in the end couldn't justify it, plus it is super heavy.

My final choice ended up being the Primary Arms Raptor 1-6, mainly due to the stellar reviews and the easy to use ACSS reticle. Very easy hits at 50/100/200/300. Like a red dot with the illumination on, not quite as fast as the H1 I'm replacing. That little bit of magnification made a huge difference for me as I creep up in years. I would highly suggest saving for one of these, at $400 it's quite a bargain. Doesn't look bad on the gun either.

Version 2 by Michael Starmer, on Flickr
    I really like the way that looks.

Will keep it in mind as I have only heard great things about the ACSS.

Sounds like it has good daylight illumination as well, which is essential in my venture.

ETA: Beautiful rifle by the way; functionally, it looks like you got everything you need in a pretty compact package.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-14-18 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Dude... you ask questions, take in information, don’t cop an attitude, ask follow ups, and when someone gently teases you you think it’s entertaining. You are either a smart, secure individual or this is your first day on the Internet. Either way, nice job being an adult. Hopefully it’s contegious. ��
    I try... Your comment is flattering;

While I try to stay that way, my comment history will show you otherwise. We're all human. I just try to not make a habit out of pissing people off for entertainment value. Again, key word is try.

Just like in one of my more active threads when trying to figure out a new CCW. While I went against the poll, it was following anecdotal evidences and discussion in the main topic itself. Overall, the input, experience, and information that this community has is priceless. I have learned more by having proactive discussions with members here than on receiving one sided rhetoric with blogs, articles, etc.

Some of it is hogwash, but as long as you take it analytically, you can usually tell who's flubbing it up. There are a core group of folks on here that, when I see their names, I take a long hard look at my own viewpoint, evaluate and compare.

Only a fool ignores an opposing viewpoint. No matter the bias. It just depends how foolish I am on any given day.
    And, believe me, I have made a fool of myself many times here. I just own up to it the best I can. If it's the only thing I can do to pull back some dignity, it's to apologize and admit when I made a stupid mistake.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-14-18 at 14:17.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast