Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullets "tumbling" from suppressed barrel?

Feedback Score
    Sometimes being a beta tester is gonna hurt. Sorry to hear in this case it will.

Feedback Score
    You need to separate the silencer or at least the baffle stack from the barrel.
    If the barrel is crap, you might be abke to perm the silencer onto a new lower or a pistol.
    If the silencer is shot, post in the nfa forum and well see what can be done. Without details we cant help.

Feedback Score
    I received info on armorer willing to look at it. Will let you know.

Feedback Score
    That is frustrating... but unfortunately, I can't say that I'm surprised.

There's a lot of very questionable legal issues with that company. Their "warranty" for 22LR cans was to send the dealer silencer parts and the dealer fixes the can.

That upper was basically put on with loctite and that made it "permanent." Again, not how this whole NFA thing works.

Then there was the thing where they sent us a bunch of those uppers with an invoice, and we never ordered any.

Their 22 can was a GM-22 core. As in, pretty much identical. Oh, and 1/3rd of those we got in were threaded incorrectly and would have resulted in baffle strikes. Did I mention the core is put into their 22 cans in such a way that lead builds up in the actual threads and makes it nearly impossible to take apart?

I personally wouldn't deal with them or whatever remnants of a company they have left. Take it to a good SOT and someone should be able to fix it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    By chance is this your gun? (music warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxOruu5fCM4

Feedback Score
    My suppressor not threaded to barrel .otherwise looks same

Feedback Score
    I found an armorer in Fla that examined unit. The suppressor is welded at end of barrel that may have distorted muzzle. The headspace on barrel is excessive. Probably .308 barrel(1/10 twist) cut down to 7.5 inch with incorrect chamber cut. Will rebarrel (1/7 twist)and blind-pin suppressor to barrel.

Feedback Score
    upon further inspection, the hole through baffles is not aligned with muzzle. can be slightly enlarged with reamer to allow bullet to exit without striking. Should not affect noise much, especially using subsonic ammo. Probably cost about $350 parts and labor, plus shipping

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by reb View Post
    upon further inspection, the hole through baffles is not aligned with muzzle. can be slightly enlarged with reamer to allow bullet to exit without striking. Should not affect noise much, especially using subsonic ammo. Probably cost about $350 parts and labor, plus shipping
    Ouch, sorry OP. Cost to fix now more than the cost of separate stamps...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12