Thread: Surefire x400 GR Combo opinions ?

Feedback Score

Surefire x400 GR Combo opinions ?

Looking at the Surefire x400 600 lumens light and green laser combo for my new DDM4V7slw ...so far I’ve tried to keep everything super lightweight and only put a t-2 and a lightweight sling and some magpul backup sights. Was thinking this x400 would be good weight wise but I’ve not seen much about how it goes mounted on a home defense carbine but mostly used on full sized handguns. Anyone used one of these with success?

Feedback Score
    The laser offset will be an issue; running it on a rifle will give you several inches of difference. Then there's the question of where you'll be mounting it; the 1200 is not a very good choice, due to optic obstruction, unless you're gonna run it on the KAC or ADM 2.33" (the Geissele 1.93" might be enough... might). Any other position besides 0600 gives you wonky offsets to learn. 0600 might work okay, but then switchology is an issue, as is possible zero shift from the rail section moving. The upcoming XH55 would be a better choice in terms of laser offset, but will probably still have the same issues otherwise, and the MaxVision beam is probably too floody for practical use outside of a structure. For a home defense gun that won't get knocked about, the mounting will probably suffice, but I'd be a bit more leery if this was going to be a duty carbine.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/