Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cerakoting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Cerakoting

When I purchased my Geissele Mk14 the only color available at the time was black. I really wanted DDC but alas, that didn't happen. I was thinking of having the rail cerakoted in something close to DDC. I wanted to know how much something like this would cost and if somebody could give some recommendations on some reputable cerakoting services.

Feedback Score
    My local certified Cerakote applicator charges around $13 an inch for handguards. Customized work will vary the price.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks. I'm thinking I'd probably just be better off selling the black rail and picking up a DDC. My handguard is 13". At $13 an inch I'd be paying over half of what a new handguard would cost.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BPDKar98k View Post
    Thanks. I'm thinking I'd probably just be better off selling the black rail and picking up a DDC. My handguard is 13". At $13 an inch I'd be paying over half of what a new handguard would cost.
    That's what I would do.. Get another HG. As far as the $13 an inch price... Can you imagine how time consuming it is to properly prep and spray all of the nooks and crannies on a handguard? I am not defending his price but around here legitimate landscape contractors bill $60 per man hour.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    We use FNG Precision Coatings.

https://www.fngprecision.com/

Prices reflect their quality of work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    We use FNG Precision Coatings.

https://www.fngprecision.com/

Prices reflect their quality of work.
    Like this

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Type 3 anodizing >>>>>>> Cerakote.

Feedback Score
    Try contacting Jason at Androcorp . They do god work and have solid pricing. I believe much cheaper than 13$ an inch and its quality. I think Right to Bear does it now as well No experience with their cerakote, but have placed many trouble free orders with them

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Sell it and buy the color you want. You may take a 50 dollar hit but that's still much better then trying to cerakote something and hoping you get a quality job. I would also prefer the factory finish unless you are trying to go for a complete custom job.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Righttobear offers this service on outbound items. I am kicking myself for not spending the extra $40 to get my 8” rail coated. Just didn’t want to lose the BCM lettering at the time. I email asking if I could send it back to be coated and it was a no go.

So if you are buying new and want a one stop shop, try RTB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast