Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson Reintroduces The Model 19!

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a new Model 19-4 2 1/2" for $600. I wouldn't buy any S&W with a lock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, since I have met my obligations by owning and giving family members a sufficient number of non-lock, non MIM, S&W model 10s, 15s, 18s 19s, 34s, 60s and so forth, and owned multiple 24s and 28s I hope no one begrudges me the right to throw my money away on a POS retro 19.

If it’s a really bad idea, guess what—I can always trade it or sell it. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Sheesh.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Well, since I have met my obligations by owning and giving family members a sufficient number of non-lock, non MIM, S&W model 10s, 15s, 18s 19s, 34s, 60s and so forth, and owned multiple 24s and 28s I hope no one begrudges me the right to throw my money away on a POS retro 19.

If it’s a really bad idea, guess what—I can always trade it or sell it. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Sheesh.
    You sound like a pretty dang awesome dad to me, giving family members nice wheelguns.

Those Model 15's and 18's are just terrific. I just got a very nice 6" Model 17 last month, and love it to death. My daughter especially has a ton of fun with it.

Feedback Score
    I refuse to buy another new Smith until the lawyer locks, 2 piece barrels and MIM parts go away.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaholder View Post
    I refuse to buy another new Smith until the lawyer locks, 2 piece barrels and MIM parts go away.
    Don't hold your breath or that to happen.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    has any one heard if you can actually shoot a steady diet of .357 out of these? Not a huge fan of the hillary hole, but that can be filled in...
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    has any one heard if you can actually shoot a steady diet of .357 out of these? Not a huge fan of the hillary hole, but that can be filled in...
    If its like the new 66 they redesigned the cylinder lockup so it has a full forcing cone now.

I am very interested in this. From my experience the new S&W revolvers are super accurate and the lock is easily removed and filled in.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am as well. I have 2 19-3 and a 13-3 however I would love to have a K-Frame I could actually shoot magnums out of. A nice wilson spring kit and a lock removal kit and the gun would be GTG. I guess as long as S&W put the barrel on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    If its like the new 66 they redesigned the cylinder lockup so it has a full forcing cone now.

I am very interested in this. From my experience the new S&W revolvers are super accurate and the lock is easily removed and filled in.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'll just leave this here, my new to me Model 19-4 2.5" wheelie.

And if you want to shoot duty-strength .357 loads through a revolver all the time, either get a Ruger or a N-frame Smith. No .38, just lots and lots of full house duty ammo? It really needs to be one of those two.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'll just leave this here, my new to me Model 19-4 2.5" wheelie.

And if you want to shoot duty-strength .357 loads through a revolver all the time, either get a Ruger or a N-frame Smith. No .38, just lots and lots of full house duty ammo? It really needs to be one of those two.
    And people need to realize and accept that about K frame 357s, but man, their just awesome little guns.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast