Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a possible G26X (G26 slide G19 grip)...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thoughts on a possible G26X (G26 slide G19 grip)...

What would be your thoguhts about a possible G26? This would be a G26 slide and barrel on a G19 grip.

TED

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmmm. I would hope they would do a Glock 19 grip with 17 slide first.

It's what the market wants. The 17 grip with 19 slide was a way to recollect funds for the MHS fiasco that they lost out on due to politics.

Them spending development money on a 19grip 3.2" barreled upper doesn't bode well for them for recouping costs with a lot of sales.

They would sell, no matter what, but like the 19x they would be 200 dollars over market value due to a lower demand than, say, a standard 19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post

It's what the market wants. The 17 grip with 19 slide was a way to recollect funds for the MHS fiasco that they lost out on due to politics.

Them spending development money on a 19grip 3.2" barreled upper doesn't bode well for them for recouping costs with a lot of sales.

They would sell, no matter what, but like the 19x they would be 200 dollars over market value due to a lower demand than, say, a standard 19.
    I agree with you, mostly. I think there is an admittedly limited market for people who like the grip of the G19 better due to hand size and placement of the hump who don't want to use magazine spacers and would like to have a shorter slide for concealment, appendix or IWB carry, and a faster draw.

What made me even think of this is the G19X which, ironically, I find not interesting due to the size of my hands. For my hands the G19 grip is the Goldie Locks Glock. Shorter is not preferred and longer is just not necessary.

TED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm with this guy. Make it an MOS and I am on it like white on rice.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    A 26X could have some merits. I think a G43X would be very popular since many people who carry a G43 appendix use +2 and +3 extensions regularly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd buy a G26 grip on a G19 slide.

Maybe one of these days I'll get one professionally chopped.

Feedback Score
    Attachment 51910Attachment 51909

For those who are considering a G19 slide assembly on a G26 frame (on the left using Gen4 versions), or a G17gen5 slide on a G19gen5 frame (on the right), either can be done right now. The front end of the recoil spring assembly will show however.

This may be something to try before actually "chopping" a Glock frame's grip just in case it's not what's really wanted.
    Last edited by L-2; 05-10-18 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Can you just buy a G17 and cut the grip down to a G19 grip size?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chingon View Post
    Can you just buy a G17 and cut the grip down to a G19 grip size?
    Yes. You could.

But that modification isn't cheap. A factory offering should be cheaper and not require losing most of your resale value.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That would be even more retarded then the 19X, what we need is a 19L and maybe a 26L.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast