Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on a possible G26X (G26 slide G19 grip)...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar03 View Post
    A 26X could have some merits. I think a G43X would be very popular since many people who carry a G43 appendix use +2 and +3 extensions regularly.
    If you what to talk about a single stack, let's talk about a 17 and 19 size single stack
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I'm with this guy. Make it an MOS and I am on it like white on rice.
    G26X makes very little sense to me, personally, but I too would be all over a MOS 19 frame with a 17 slide. Just shows how slow Glock is to "innovate", if that's even an appropriate term for something so simple. I imagine it would cost them almost nothing extra to make something like that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    G26X makes very little sense to me, personally, but I too would be all over a MOS 19 frame with a 17 slide. Just shows how slow Glock is to "innovate", if that's even an appropriate term for something so simple. I imagine it would cost them almost nothing extra to make something like that.
    For a 19L, it would either need to have another mold built (this is the expensive method) or they start milling dedicated 19L slides that have a beefier front end to close the small gap made by the shorter 19 frame.

Either way, both would be acceptable, and they both would be significantly cheaper than trying to do it through third party services.

If they make a new mold, though, just like with the 19x, we're talking 650-699 for it. Use existing mold, add a little metal and some machine time, probably closer to the 500-575 we would expect.

Of course, going that method may frustrate some people who firmly believe in Frame Meeting Muzzle due to CQB OutOfBattery On Muzzle Contact.

YMMV.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-14-18 at 08:54.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Thoughts on a possible G26X (G26 slide G19 grip)...

For those of you who really want a 19L, Brownells makes a 17 length slide for the 19 frame. It’s about 300 bucks and only works on the gen3 frames.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod118425.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nowski87; 05-14-18 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It’s an even dumber idea than the 19x, and the 19x borders on profoundly autistic.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post

Of course, going that method may frustrate some people who firmly believe in Frame Meeting Muzzle due to CQB OutOfBattery On Muzzle Contact.

YMMV.
    I bet most people that want a G19L own a Surefire.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I’m confused as to why anyone would want todo this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    It’s an even dumber idea than the 19x, and the 19x borders on profoundly autistic.

The same way as a 1911 Commander completely stupid?

Feedback Score
    Seems like I’m in the minority but I’m very satisfied with the 19 as-is. If a “26x” fires you up, more power to you. I just don’t see the practical “why.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd rather have a factory version of a chopped 19 that takes current Gen 4 slides. I have no use for a shorter barrel with the same size grip. I didn't get it on the 19x and I wouldnt on this. The hardest part of a handgun to conceal is the grip not the barrel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast