Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: North to be NRA Pres

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

North to be NRA Pres

Oly North is to be pres of the NRA. Per a recent post, I wonder if that's a good idea. I suspect few really know North's full involvement in the Iran/Contra scandal, but not clear how that choice a benefit to the NRA:

Oliver North named president of the National Rifle Association

Retired Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North, a central figure in the Iran-contra affair in the 1980s, has been named president of the National Rifle Association.

The NRA’s board of directors chose North to be the organization’s president Monday morning after NRA President Pete Brownell decided not to seek a second term.

“This is the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became president of our Association,” NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre said. “Oliver North is a legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader. In these times, I can think of no one better suited to serve as our president.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.a5c7168759c5
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

They could elect Mr. Rogers (yes, I KNOW he's been dead for 15 years...), and libtards would INSTANTLY hate his guts.

Ollie's articulate, knowledgeable, & does not seem to brook fools lightly - all of which will be BAD news when the fake media tries to paint him into a corner. They could've done a lot WORSE...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The world will go on.

I'll still belong to the NRA, regardless of who is President, because membership is a condition of membership and my club, due to insurance coverage.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The world will go on.

I'll still belong to the NRA, regardless of who is President, because membership is a condition of membership and my club, due to insurance coverage.
    North is no Heston, but yes, the world will not stop spinning.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Nothing says, "Our organization is all about non-partisan civil rights advocacy," like making Oly North your organization's president.

He's replacing Pete Brownell as president. Did Pete Brownell ever go toe-to-toe with the media?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I give NO FVCKS about Iran/Contra..NONE. The man is a PATRIOT, has risked life & limb for God & Country, Kith & Kin, and for me, an EXCELLENT choice to lead the NRA.
    I say GOOD.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    He is a war hero. As for Iran-Contra most are going off of what the liberal media tells you. I was in Central and South America in the late 80's. A lowly Lt Colonel in Washington was not running the entire show. It's funny you always hear of his Congressional testimony and the list of felon convictions. No one ever mentions the convictions were all tossed on appeal. Not 10 years of appeals but as I recall the first round of appeals. The libs are going to hate the NRA no matter what. We might as well have an articulate spokesman who is not afraid to speak up. David

Feedback Score
    HE went up to the hill. He could have refused to answer, instead he stood there in his uniform, raised his right hand, and lied. Convictions not with standing, he lied. It doesn't make him not a war hero, it just makes him a liar. The best thing that happened to Iran Contra is that the DCI died. We knew who was going to get blamed after that...
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    HE went up to the hill. He could have refused to answer, instead he stood there in his uniform, raised his right hand, and lied. Convictions not with standing, he lied. It doesn't make him not a war hero, it just makes him a liar. The best thing that happened to Iran Contra is that the DCI died. We knew who was going to get blamed after that...
    Some in the Corp were none to pleased about that too. I still have a tough time viewing him as a heroic fall guy for that cluster, where we let the world know we do negotiate with terrorists. I will not lose any sleep over this, but still seems an odd choice to me. Like him or not, he comes with too much baggage for the position, but what ever.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Has someone been watching too much of Youtube's "Karate Kid"? Way to face the 21st Century by going with a 1980s Cold-War Warrior. Please tell me that we'll see less of Wayne "I look like a child molester" Lapier? We can't find a WOT person to front it? Someone whose vidoes on Youtube weren't originally on VHS tape?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast