Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready to cry?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Are you ready to cry?

Stopped in my local Gun shop yesterday and they were checking in a bunch of police trade ins. A lot of them were junk but mixed in were a few gems. Including what appeared to be a 95ish % Colt Python.
    20180508_140935.jpg

Looks beautiful right.

Well prepare theyself. Because some people are bound and determined to make sure grown men cry.

20180508_140947.jpg

Yes that is initials and a a date carved into it what appears to have been a hand engraver or maybe even just a sharp object.

It is also worth noting that this gun had the smoothest action I have ever felt on a double action revolver. Period!

Figured I would share the pain of seeing a $4000 gun actually be a $2000 gun because someone was an idiot.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Stopped in my local Gun shop yesterday and they were checking in a bunch of police trade ins. A lot of them were junk but mixed in were a few gems. Including what appeared to be a 95ish % Colt Python.
    20180508_140935.jpg

Looks beautiful right.

Well prepare theyself. Because some people are bound and determined to make sure grown men cry.

20180508_140947.jpg

Yes that is initials and a a date carved into it what appears to have been a hand engraver or maybe even just a sharp object.

It is also worth noting that this gun had the smoothest action I have ever felt on a double action revolver. Period!

Figured I would share the pain of seeing a $4000 gun actually be a $2000 gun because someone was an idiot.
    I would still buy it.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I would still buy it.
    It was sold before they had it checked in. Otherwise I would have as well.
    But it is still a damn crime what was done to it.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    This is why I never, ever make any irreversible modification to a firearm. You never know when the money you get out of it will be worth more to you than the gun.

I've known more than one person who thought engraving their social security number into a gun was just the perfect burglary deterrent (in the days before identity theft, of course), and found out the hard way what a stupid idea that is.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Someone's stupidity is another's opportunity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That stuff doesn't bother me. At one time it was just another gun. It bothers me when people do it now to surplus firearms

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Bustamonte, I Hate You"

Years ago, Skeeter Skelton wrote a story for one of the gun mags about his days "horse trading" south of the border. The Mexican government had outlawed guns a Skeeter and his compadre found they could pick up Winchester rifles and Colt pistols cheap from the south of the border ranchers and other, bring them into the States where they could be sold for a nice profit.

Prices started climbing as supply started drying up and word got out about the two heinous paying American dollars for guns. Rumor got to Skeeter there was a clean Colt Single Action Army still for sale, if he could just find who had it. Excited, Skeeter and his compadre tracked down and bought the Colt, one of the last in the area. It was in pristine condition with on exception. The owner had crudely scratched his name "Bustamonte" in the side of the frame with a nail.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gun could have possibly have been used in a shooting. I have read stories of year past, or more likely decades past, where the officer would create the chain of custody at the scene doing what is on the side of that revolver. If it could be linked to a specific shooting, that was high-ish profile, or had some history, it could be possibly worth more.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Lots of people used to engrave their name, telephone number and even social security number on valuable items. Even so, I think I'd have found a place under the grips to mark it. You can't fix stupid, stupid is forever.

Oh by the way, did you happen to catch how much it sold for?

Feedback Score

Are you ready to cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Gun could have possibly have been used in a shooting. I have read stories of year past, or more likely decades past, where the officer would create the chain of custody at the scene doing what is on the side of that revolver. If it could be linked to a specific shooting, that was high-ish profile, or had some history, it could be possibly worth more.
    That was my first swag. I know of several departments back in the day, would engrave weapons that were admitted as evidence in court.

I’d buy if the price was right.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast