Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Army chooses Sig Tango6 1-6 for DMR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

US Army chooses Sig Tango6 1-6 for DMR?

Good for New Hampshire but I was not aware the Sig optic line was that impressive. Did I miss something?

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...arksman-rifle/

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quite a surprise to me, but I don't follow optics very well.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Wild-guess: technically meets "US-made" requirement at much lower cost than other entrants. Just a guess. Their MHS entry seems to have won in part due to much lower cost than the competition.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I somehow have a feeling this won’t last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hey it's waterproof down to 1 meter and has a HellFire™ electronic-illuminated reticle system what more do you want?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have shot behind the 1-4 and I was actually very impressed by the glass quality.

Now as far as that goes I didn’t test anything else but the glass was every bit as clear as my Razor Gen II.

But the 320 won the army pistol and now their optics... somebody is getting a kickback somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Same form factor as the Tango6, but it will have a different reticle and will be assembled in their Oregon plant. http://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/10...arksman-rifle/
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Heck, I didn't realize that SIG even manufactured optics. I figured they were just made for SIG by another company.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Heck, I didn't realize that SIG even manufactured optics. I figured they were just made for SIG by another company.
    If you look at their overall line, most of them are... sourcing includes China, Philippines, and I believe Japan also. I suspect that their US operation is primarily marketing, management, and product design/planning, with a relatively small shop that assembles outsourced components into a few specific scopes. They would hardly be the only ones doing this. AFAIK none of the US makers grind their own lenses or make their raw glass, so everyone outsources to some degree. Leupold claims to do everything else in the USA.

Feedback Score
    surprise to me as well I've looked through some sig optics and while they are far from the worse I've seen they aren't leupold or vortex which i prefer for the price point as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast