Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Governor vetos Constitutional Carry

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am a big fan of playing the grown up game. When someone makes the decision to purchase a firearm for home defense or to carry daily, it is incumbent on them to to seek out training and learn the laws. If they fail to do so, that is on them.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Not a difficult concept.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am a big fan of playing the grown up game. When someone makes the decision to purchase a firearm for home defense or to carry daily, it is incumbent on them to to seek out training and learn the laws. If they fail to do so, that is on them.
    Stop being logical and all that Jazz. Logic, common sense all went to the moon base with Elvis and Marylin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Look, I'm not a troll and I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm right or another member is wrong. I'm not calling anyone out. I actually see a lot of members points and I agree with the underlying reasoning of the points they made. My comments about the gloves were not to be taken literal. Any use of deadly force regardless of the situation is treated as a crime at first.

I'm simply pointing out that I felt that training at least in the laws regarding concealed carrying were a good thing. And yes, I feel a person should be proficient enough to put a few rounds in center mass. The popular consensus says otherwise. By the fact that over half of the states in this country don't require any form of training, ill take that as training is unnecessary.

My links to news sites might be invalid from your point of view but does indicate that not all uses of deadly force are justified in the eyes of the law and that more and more people each year are getting charged for what they believed was an act of "self defense". And like I have said before, "self defense" and "justification" is NOT determined by you. Its determined by people who were not there and didn't see the events unfold. They make that decision based on the police statements and the testimony from witnesses if there is any.

The CCW class I took really did open my eyes to when to and when not to use deadly force. You don't have to agree with my understanding or my beliefs on how the law works but I have my reasons. We live in a world that is just not the same as it was 10 years ago, 20 years ago or even 30 years ago. Guns are a big issue right now and the right to own those guns are a bigger issue. I refuse to believe that there is any laws out there right now that really protects me or my rights. Hell, I barley believe our rights are literal rights from the way our own government interprets them. And I refuse to believe that the use of a firearm in any manner including self defense is a quick and painless experience and it a simple "tell your side of the story and your free to go home and your immune from further actions from another party".

I wont contribute to this thread anymore, but I am sticking to my original claim which is training of the law is necessary to some degree. After all, its your job to know the laws, and ignorance of the law is never allowed as a defense in court.
    This statement is why you have received such negative pushback. Your understanding of the laws in Texas is simply incorrect. Furthermore, what you believe the law is means absolutely nothing. The law does not care what you think it is, because it simply is what it is. If anything, I would suggest you drop in on another class, hopefully a better one, and get a little more current. There are lots of stupid people out there, and you don't want to accidentally misinform them based of your incorrect information.

Good call on walking away from the keyboard.

Stay Safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oklahoma Governor vetos Constitutional Carry

Had an armed suspect waltz into a restaurant firing this evening in OKC. As the suspect left, was confronted by armed citizen and a gunfight ensued leaving the suspect dead.

Good job Mary... next time there might not be a licensed holder nearby. Same for Chief Citty for supporting her veto.

http://m.news9.com/Story.aspx?story=...5&catId=112032
    Last edited by ZGXtreme; 05-24-18 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another plus for an armed citizen!

Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/24...olice-say.html

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    And?? In Texas, The Greatest State in the US, has mandatory shooting with its mandatory class. Its not a bad thing. We learn what situations to use force or to use deadly force, where to and where not to carry a firearm and what steps are to be taken in the event you use deadly force with your firearm. You would be surprised how many people are serving 18-26 months for shooting an intruder in the back, or shooting a mugger too many times or using deadly force when they should of used force.

Plus the range portion of the class is good. In Texas, you have to qualify with at least a 9mm and qualify with either a revolver or semi-automatic. We had to shoot 5 rounds in under 5 seconds at a paper target 15 feet in front of us, 10 rounds in 5 seconds of a paper target 5 feet in front of us, 3 rounds in 5 seconds at a paper target 25 feet in front of us and 4 sets of 2 rounds in under 2 seconds at a paper target 20 feet in front of us. And you had to pass with flying colors. Cant shoot anywhere near the head- that will get you 20 years. There were at least 1/2 of our class that couldn't hit the paper target which is the same size as the range stall you are shooting out of.

The last thing you want is people carrying firearms who cant shoot and don't know the laws regarding when to use deadly force.

When it comes to 2A rights, TX is far from best. AZ has us beat, as does WY, AK, NH, ME, VT, and others.

TX CHL class is good for legal info, but that could all be provided for free from TX via web class or You Tube type video. Shooting portion is a joke that shouldn’t be necessary

Again, $ is the issue I think...both for state and the folks who teach the class.

We don’t need a class to exercise 1A rights...why 2A?
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 05-25-18 at 05:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Update this morning from OCPD; of note, was engaged and stopped by not one, but two citizens.

Last edited by ZGXtreme; 05-25-18 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, were the two citizens who intervened outside when this occurred or did they follow the shooter out?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Out of curiosity, were the two citizens who intervened outside when this occurred or did they follow the shooter out?
    Nothing solidified but have heard they retrieved their pistols from their cars then engaged the suspect as he tried to flee.

OCPD commended them during a press conference for acting “valiantly”.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    Nothing solidified but have heard they retrieved their pistols from their cars then engaged the suspect as he tried to flee.

OCPD commended them during a press conference for acting “valiantly”.
    Thanks. I agree with OCPD.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast