Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Current State Suppressor for 5.56 Rifles

Feedback Score

Best Current State Suppressor for 5.56 Rifles

Hi guys, I'm checking in to ask what is the best "current state of technology" suppressor/silencer for the 5.56 platform. I intend to use it on a 16" midlength gas system AR. I have a SBR 11.5 and am using the Surefire SOCOM 5.56 (the first generation) and am looking for something shorter, and maybe?, even quieter for my longer barrel ARs.

Thanks for your advice, opinions and input.

Cheers.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a Deal Air sandman S and K. I think the QD mount is one of, if not the best, available. You generally don't get to go shorter and quieter, pick one. I have a 14" AR in 5.56 that I use the K on almost exclusively and am very happy with it. Not Hollywood quiet, but really takes the edge off, and does not add a lot of weight on the end of the gun. I think Dead Air also makes some of the most durable cans with their sandman series. There are lighter, maybe quieter options (perhaps the Q lineup, no first hand experience though), but I have shot about 3k through the K on an 11.5 and the 14" guns with no visible pitting, or damage whatsoever to the can. I'm sure there are lots of other options, but Dead Air is run by good people, and their stuff just works.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not familiar with current state suppressors... do they somehow use an electrical current to reduce noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That was in the zip code of funny, but still a long way off. Better luck next time.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Your going to get a million answers because most people are happy with the cans they have. Because most cans these days are pretty good. If your happy with your Surefire, just get a Surefire mini. The mini's will be fine for any 16inch gun. I like Surefire, Tbeast, and Sig cans. But there are many more great cans. I consider adapters and how they handle gas as two primary considerations. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Oss HX-QD, Dead air, and the q stuff seem to be a step above the rest right now
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah I don’t think you’re going to find anything that’s more well rounded than a new mini, especially since you already have one SF can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    In a barrel shorter than 14.5, I'd run a SOCOM-556 or a SOCOM556-RC2. For 14.5s or 16", I'd run a Mini.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Oss HX-QD, Dead air, and the q stuff seem to be a step above the rest right now
    I have M4-1000s. I've barely heard of one of those brands you mentioned. I'm a little out date on my suppression knowledge.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Apparently, this one has very very low back pressure.

https://www.ng2defense.com/products/...afd-suppressor
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast