Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Current State Suppressor for 5.56 Rifles

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Apparently, this one has very very low back pressure.

https://www.ng2defense.com/products/...afd-suppressor
    I find that very appealing. Thanks for the info guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRSTNG View Post
    I find that very appealing. Thanks for the info guys.
    While that design looks great for back pressure, it's quite heavy. One of the most important things I learned during my introduction to rifle suppressors on carbines was the lighter, the better. You can feel the difference a single ounce makes that far up front. 3.5-4oz makes a huge difference. 21.5oz is pretty heavy, considering there are cans on the market now that weigh 18oz, including a quick attach muzzle device, or 13oz +/- direct thread. That's all steel/inconel/stellite construction too.

The military is very interested in low back pressure because they don't want to add additional parts (gas adjustment) to rifles already in service just to optimize them for suppressed use. For a civilian with adjustable gas on a carbine, the benefit is significantly reduced and IMO not worth the added weight.

I'd be interested to see how it does on flash performance. That's an area that could stand to see some improvement for military use. Right now, flash hiders are universally better than suppressors for flash suppression.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-18-18 at 21:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12