Thread: switching a 7.62/.308 rifle to different caliber

Feedback Score

switching a 7.62/.308 rifle to different caliber

i have a ruger precision rifle in 6mm creed moor that i don't have a lot of rounds through but i like the caliber for my nighttime calling rig. once i get some more rounds through the gun and no for sure its what i want for sure I'm contemplating putting one together in a AR style rifle because i guess why not lol instead of building one complete I've considered buying a 7.62/.308 rifle and just doing a caliber switch, so my question is it just a barrel swap or does it require more than that?

Feedback Score
    At first glance it looks like just a barrel (chamber) switch. But, as usual, the devil may be in the details (magazines, etc.).

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...l-swaps.79423/
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    I'm with you there I'm hoping someone on here can tell me for sure. the rpr that i have comes with 7.62 AR mags so I'm assuming i would be ok in that aspect but like you say the details may really hurt me just trying to get as much info before i make a final decision if i really wanna do this if i like the caliber as much as i think I'm gonna

Feedback Score
    All you need is a barrel and tuning. Contact GA Precision as it’s George Gardner’s baby. They will have more data about gas ports, buffer weights, and the other details to make one reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks i will defiantly look into that