Thread: Radian Weapons or Sharps XPB BCG 300 BLK

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Radian Weapons or Sharps XPB BCG 300 BLK

Just wanted to get opinions, I ended up with both the Radian Weapons and Sharps XPB BCG. I am still in the process of building my 300 BLK upper but which BCG group would you use in the build?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I don't have clue, I've always just stuck with standard MilSpec BCG from Colt, BCM or SOLGW, the only "special" BCG I've used is a SIONICS NP3 treated, but I'll admit that's just me being paranoid to move away from time proven components. That said here are a couple past threads on the subject:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-S7-tool-steel

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...er-158-Vs-9310

I will say I have checked out Radian complete rifles and they are sweet.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m in a similar boat on a 300 build. Hope this thread takes off. The radian has my hard attention.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Probably thinking too much about it but wanted to throw it out there to get opinions. I'm sure both will work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselvrr View Post
    Probably thinking too much about it but wanted to throw it out there to get opinions. I'm sure both will work just fine.

As someone who has personally tested a sharps S7 bolt I do not recommend them. Maybe put them in hobby gun because its easier to clean but I wouldnt run one in a serious use rifle.

I will need to see many examples of vetted dudes that have run them in classes for thousands and thousands of rounds for me to trust that they worked out their issues.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-15-18 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    As someone who has personally tested a sharps S7 bolt I do not recommend them. Maybe put them in hobby gun because its easier to clean but I wouldnt run one in a serious use rifle.

I will need to see many examples of vetted dudes that have run them in classes for thousands and thousands of rounds for me to trust that they worked out their issues.
    I know the original "relia bolt" had issues but have read the newer xpb addressed those issues. Which one did you test and what issues did you have?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    personally im a huge fan of the POF BCGs with the gas dial built in and the Fail Zero BCGS (i have one with close to 20,000 rounds on it and has never had anything done other than cleaning)
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.