Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM (Bravo) - anyone with negative experience?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    BCM is my starting point. Solid stuff.

Any negatives you will hear are far far outweighed by the number of people who had either had zero problems or had problems that we rectified by CS.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    People seem to have issues with gen3 pmags once in a while.

I have a bcg, pistol grip, charging handle, and foregrip and all have worked as advertised.
    I would put the polymer on par with magpul stuff as far as the user is concerned (i would guess magpuls is actually ‘better’ material but i cant tell the difference).

A friend has an 18” SS410 upper that has been extremely accurate and reliable(consistent sub moa 5-shot groups with handloads). Never dealt with CS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own several BCM products and have yet to have had a bad experience.
    If you consider them as a relatively "young" company, then also consider their impact on the market and their very, very few detractors.
    There was a time when the market was saturated with questionable manufacturers and wildly varying levels of quality, it was in that market that BCM came in and raised the bar for quality and consistency.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Nope, not a one.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    BCM & Colt are the two AR manufactures I recommend to friends. Haven't gotten a lemon or issue with either brand... but we are dealing with mechanical devices made of manufactured parts...

I prefer MLOK over KM personally if that is an issue. If going lightweight... don't weigh it down with a bunch of crap as it defeats the purpose.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The two real downsides I can think of about BCM(or what people will call downsides).

First is that BCM has been more about the parts being in spec for function instead of looking pretty. Colt and KAC do the same thing. This bothers some people but from my experience BCM's stuff usually looks good. Others have complained about it.

Second is accuracy of the barrels. Many seem to shoot for lack of better wording "mil-spec". Most are not MOA guns, more like 1.5 to maybe 2.5 moa. Again some have problems with this. The guns are made to be run hard and the accuracy is by no means bad on most of them. Again not really a ding, they are fighting guns, not bench rest guns.

Overall I'd say BCM is one of the best options out there. Their product has been well proven by being run hard and abused. If you wanted a sub moa gun I'd look elsewhere though.

Feedback Score
    I will only say that their Keymod grip stop seemed to never really secure to a PWS rail that I've never had any other issues with. But the 1 BCM upper that I do still have is an absolute favorite and is overly accurate for a $450 upper (20" A4 build) I have also owned a 16" upper (non Cold hammer forged) that was also equally amazing. BCM overall is just a great brand.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have 2...both mid length and no complaints from me..

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My personal experience and observation, albeit limited, is that their QC is generally good, but when things slip through, CS is used to not having their product quality questioned and respond in a way that is not up to the standard modern consumers expect in the Walmart/Amazon era.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The vast majority of BCM complaints have been petty, that doesn't mean they have never had actual issues, but they tend to be few, and taken care of pretty quickly.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast