Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: BCM (Bravo) - anyone with negative experience?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a RECCE that I got as a complete "blem" lower + complete upper. The lower is not blemished at all as far as I can tell. My only issue with the rifle was very minor. A small bur in the lower was preventing the bolt catch spring & detent from moving freely, and as a result the bolt catch lever did not have as much spring pressure as it should. I never got a malfunction (e.g. bolt locking back prematurely), and it still locked back on the last round, but it would audibly rattle when you turned the rifle side to side.

BCM fixed it in about a week (technically two weeks, but I didn't answer their email asking for my return address) and it's been good for a couple hundred rounds now. I don't beat the shit out of my gear, but this is the only problem I have with the rifle.

ETA: The point about accuracy mentioned in post #16 mirrors my experience as well. My dad's DDM4v5 LW upper outshoots my BFH ELW with any load we've tested. My rifle is plenty accurate, but the DD has a slight edge. Both have 16" lightweight barrels and FF rails.
    Last edited by MWAG19919; 05-14-18 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My biggest complaint about BCM:

They don't sell 11.5" BFH ELW--or even LW--barrels and uppers.

Feedback Score

BCM (Bravo) - anyone with negative experience?

Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    I had an accuracy issue with one of their SS410 barrels. CS tried to blame me and then eventually took it back and replaced it. Emailed a year or so later with some questions as I wanted to give a second chance, CS was negative experience that time as well. Fast forward 6 months and I ordered some small parts. They cancelled my order and essentially said since I wasn’t happy with my last product I should shop elsewhere. I was pretty shocked and when I searched I was surprised to see that is their MO and have done it a bunch.
    Seems the SS410 barrels are hit or miss. How as your second one?

I own two and both of one are excellent, but my buddy had a terrible time with CS. I own more than ten of their uppers and have been pretty content with most of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redpillregret; 05-14-18 at 18:55.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Seems the SS410 barrels are hit or miss. How as your second one?

I own two and both of one are excellent, but my buddy had a terrible time with CS. I own more than ten of their uppers and have been pretty content with most of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sold it after they returned the upper with new barrel. I was so dissatisfied with their handling of it and the upper itself I wrote them off. After two attempts of “letting it go” and trying them again it’s clear they don’t want my business. I know collectively they produce great stuff, but there has been an uptick in dissatisfied customers due to accuracy and/or CS; or at least its being discussed more.

Feedback Score
    Sample size is only one, but my 16” LW Upper has been exceptional. I put 50 gr Vmax thru one ragged hole at 50 yds all day long. Barely clean the thing probably only have around 1000 rounds through it but I would recommend BCM to anybody.

Feedback Score
    Groups at 50 yards tell you almost nothing.... not to be a dick but no one does precision testing of a centerfire rifle at only 50 yards.

Feedback Score
    I don’t think you’re a dick. I wasn’t bragging about a 50yd group. Just wanted to illustrate that the rifle does something I didn’t think a 1/7 Barrel would do. Shoot light bullets into a decent group. Groundhogs and coyotes hate me and my rifle.

Feedback Score
    I've never had a bad experience with BCM. I have quite a few different rifles, and my BCM Recce has become my favorite. I do prefer m lok to keymod, but the BCM kmr has never given me any issues.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’ve had issues with poor accuracy and their KMR rails are weak as ****. When plastic Magpul MOEs withstand being driven over with a 4Runner but a KMR gets dented from sliding down the wall gun manufacturer priorities are off.

“But it’s light though”

“BUt ItS LiGhT ThoUGh!!”

Would just rock SIONICs or Colt if I ever buy an AR again (I won’t)
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-15-18 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’ve had issues with poor accuracy and their KMR rails are weak as ****. When plastic Magpul MOEs withstand being driven over with a 4Runner but a KMR gets dented from sliding down the wall gun manufacturer priorities are off.

“But it’s light though”

“BUt ItS LiGhT ThoUGh!!”

Would just rock SIONICs or Colt if I ever buy an AR again (I won’t)
    Thanks for that anecdotal about the KMR. Had no idea.

On a side note:
    Hope you relocation is holding up well and you're doing good Euro. I was just thinking about yah earlier today, ironically, glad to see you still hanging around.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast