Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM (Bravo) - anyone with negative experience?

Feedback Score

BCM (Bravo) - anyone with negative experience?

New member.

Joined because I'm considering replacing my Mini-14 with an AR. Doing my research I have decided on a BCM RECCE ELW 5.56.

Everything I've found about BCM is very positive, so I'm interested to know if anyone has had negative experience with their BCM or with the company before I, uh . . . pull the trigger.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mean Bone; 05-13-18 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bone View Post
    New member.

Joined because I'm considering replacing my Mini-14 with an AR. Doing my research I have decided on a BCM RECCE ELW 5.56.

Everything I've found about BCM is very positive, so I'm interested to know if anyone has had negative experience with their BCM or with the company before I, uh . . . pull the trigger.

Thanks!
    A friend of mine bought an 18” SPR upper that would shoot 2 MOA plus with match ammo. He called BCM and they stated it was the shooter and the ammo for poor accuracy, but they reluctantly let him send it back on his dime for evaluation. They sent it back without warning with four test targets over 3 MOA and stated it was “in spec”. He was a bit upset.

My 16” upper was sub-MOA from day one. Eventually his started to tighten up after four or five hundred rounds to about 1-1.5 MOA. He’s ok with it now, but wasn’t pleased with customer service or the fact that their “precision” upper shooting 3 MOA meets their standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I sent a 300 blk barrel back that was jacked; 4-5” at 100 yds with 110 Barnes Supers.
    They replaced the barrel and confirmed it was the barrel; not me or ammo.
    All of my other BCM gear has been GTG.

Feedback Score
    I've run BCM stuff hard. I really like their materials and execution. Buy with confidence.

Feedback Score
    I have a 14.5" ELW w/13"KMR rail and a BCM BCG that I bought in 2014 which has been flawless. I have made many, many purchases from them and they are top shelf. Check out their ELW BFH uppers.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I didn't much care for their Keymod vertical grip. It came loose constantly, and without me even shooting the rifle! It could have been user error on my part, though. Also, I decided to sell my KM rail and go with M-LOK, so I never bothered to call them and ask for help/replacement. But yeah, that was my negative experience with BCM. Every other experience I've had with their product quality and customer service has either met or (greatly) exceeded expectations. No company is perfect and everyone makes a lemon once in awhile. But BCM has a very good batting average.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    My experience has been good. No issues from either of my BCM rifles.

Feedback Score
    I think you will find even the very best companies have lemons, negative feedback, and downright haters. I do not own one, but their rep, speaks for itself. BCM may not be perfect, but it does not get much better. Dont think about it too much. You made an excellent choice in configuration. Buy with confidence!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Two BCM uppers I run hard on Mega lowers. 16" and 11.5" ELW KMR-As. They're great.

Feedback Score
    I've sent several thousand $$$ to BCM over the years and never had a problem. I don't run my stuff near as hard as some of the guys here but with enough different uppers/parts I'd have seen something by now.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast