Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***DO NOT GIFT FUNDS ON PAYPAL***

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

***DO NOT GIFT FUNDS ON PAYPAL***

Listen up folks....

Do not gift funds using paypal to transact business with parties that are unknown to you. Do not do it. Treat anyone who asks for this payment type as a scam, unless you know them, and actually would trust them not to take your money.

1) If you are asked to pay in this manner, and do not know the person, or have not had successful transactions before, or it's not a known dealer -- let me know.

2) If you see an ad asking for this sort of gifted paypal payment - use the report button and let me know via PM.

If I see it advertised, or hear about it being requested, I will ban the persons requesting such payment - permanently.

All that being said:

If you know the person, and trust them, or have done business with them 100x - I do not want to know about it. Your business is your business. If you offer to pay via gift to avoid fees, or get a lower price from an anonymous person on the internet, you get what you get, and I don't want to know about it.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sorry to everyone who previously commented in the thread. I copied it to the Site Questions and Comments section, but the Copy Function did not act like I thought it would, and I lost the content from last night.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You may want to sticky this post in every For Sale "sub forums". People are still posting ads with requests for "discrete gift paypal" payment option. Not everyone read this thread. And if you're looking for people to report "gift paypal" payment request, you might be getting a flood of them. I just reported one

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bumping it up. For more awareness. If you read it, bump it. Comment. Discuss.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Got it.....to the top for awareness.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    This has been a huge problem in the knife and gun community. I've seen people gift funds in excess of 1k and never see anything. In particular there was a case of $2000 plus for several custom knives that were shipped and "lost". Never gift funds. It will bite you. Our community needs to protect itself since no one else will
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    — Mahatma Ghandi

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    People need to pay attention to this.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Read it, understood it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I wish people would read this more closely, and heed my warning.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This scam is growing on every forum board that sells used gear. Literally every single one I frequent, outside the gun world too. If you gift it, you WILL get hit with non-delivery eventually, bank on it.

Also, if you use paypal via an app on your phone, the default that is checked is "Friend and Family" -- beware!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast