Thread: Magpul Magwell

Feedback Score

Magpul Magwell

Anyone run a Magpul Magwell on their g19?

If so, what are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo4418 View Post
    Anyone run a Magpul Magwell on their g19?

If so, what are your thoughts?
    I added one, not for a magazine reload, but for the enhanced feel and stability I get gripping the pistol.

If I wanted recoil management, I would have gone with a brass plug, a Thug Slug, or Seattle Slug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I might get one if I think it will help the mag fall out of the gun instead of contacting my hand and stopping on it's way out.

Not sure if it will help.

I've been preferring the G26-sized guns lately though. At least I know the mag won't fall free all the time, not just some of the time. I also prefer the location of the grip-hump and they seem to recoil no more or perhaps less.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I added one, not for a magazine reload, but for the enhanced feel and stability I get gripping the pistol.

If I wanted recoil management, I would have gone with a brass plug, a Thug Slug, or Seattle Slug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Same here.
    Hopefully I'll never have to speed load a mag.
    Winning may not be everything, but the endorsements are better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOWT View Post
    Same here.
    Hopefully I'll never have to speed load a mag.

I have never run to slide lock in a combat situation, but the guys I know who have state they have not enjoyed the cessation of continuity of firing. Speed reloads were very natural for them. When it comes to a partial reload at a lull in the action, or behind cover, the guys who have not trained hard have NOT ever reloaded. The guys who train heavily will find it instinctive. I know that I've had to yell at guys to tac load and received blanks looks.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I have one on my G34. I'm not crazy about how the nose doesn't interface with the front of the grip and flexes quite a bit. I can see how it might get ripped off, and it really doesn't make the mouth of the magwell all that much wider. You might be better off sealing it on with plasti-steel epoxy and blending it into the grip, then making the mouth wider by shaving down the lip on the inside.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    There are three of them here for "17's" in work circles. All of them run fine. There is one here a co worker has that's for a 19 and it's the only one that prevents the magazine from falling freely from the gun.

In any event it's the lowest cost opportunity magwell to try. So not a lot of risk financially. And it's extremely low profile for carry.