Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive muzzle device recommendations

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How about a super A2? A2 spec with 20% better muzzle rise compensation performance, and none of the extra flash, concussion and noise typically associated with a brake or comp, the 6315
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    I can see the appeal: it's cheap, effective, and not at all controversial. Besides, we're all too maxxed out from buying captured spring buffers; barrels with rifling cut using diamond-edged tools and hand-lapped by Belgian monks, cryogenically treated in Superman's Fortress of Solitude; optics that allow you see how precisely you missed the target because you spent all your money on the rifle instead of the ammo which would allow you to shoot it.
    Don't include me in your "we're all too maxxed" out statement. I don't buy anything based on what it cost. I don't buy too much cutting edge stuff either! TomMcC said it best..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Don't include me in your "we're all too maxxed" out statement. I don't buy anything based on what it cost. I don't buy too much cutting edge stuff either! TomMcC said it best..
    I also don't buy parts for guns because of how much they cost, but I care about function. A2s or Duffy's A2 on the outmost from now on, for me.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Midwest Industries has an inexpensive two chambered brake. It works very well but the people on either side may get a bit tired of it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No free lunch with a brake or comp. A hybrid device can mitigate flash, dampen muzzle rise, or reduce recoil. A pure brake or comp is fine for gaming guns, but for defense, both are terrible.

The fun part of our 6315, 6310 (5/8x24), 1815 and 1810 (5/8x24) project is to squeeze as much muzzle rise compensation out of an A2 sized muzzle device without incurring more concussion and noise.

1815 (and its .308 counterpart, the 1810) will be in production shortly, so we can now show the prototype. It's an open ended, 3 prong flash suppressor, with asymmetrical ports (12 o'clock port is wider than the other two ports), and the two side facing ports are angled upward to vent gas up, not sideways, to help keep the muzzle flat.

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    No free lunch with a brake or comp. A hybrid device can mitigate flash, dampen muzzle rise, or reduce recoil. A pure brake or comp is fine for gaming guns, but for defense, both are terrible.

The fun part of our 6315, 6310 (5/8x24), 1815 and 1810 (5/8x24) project is to squeeze as much muzzle rise compensation out of an A2 sized muzzle device without incurring more concussion and noise.

1815 (and its .308 counterpart, the 1810) will be in production shortly, so we can now show the prototype. It's an open ended, 3 prong flash suppressor, with asymmetrical ports (12 o'clock port is wider than the other two ports), and the two side facing ports are angled upward to vent gas up, not sideways, to help keep the muzzle flat.

Any concern with the top prongs splaying out like “I’ve heard” of happening with other three prong devices?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Material is 4140, heat treated and black nitride coated. If hit hard enough anything can bend. The bottom pic shows the upper 2 prongs as shorter, it's not an optical illusion. There's a slight 5 degree cant at the tip, the 6 o'clock portion sticks out slightly further than the two top prongs to have more gas vent upward, it happens to offer some protection. The thickness on these prongs are much thicker than the ones that peeled like a banana
    Last edited by Duffy; 05-18-18 at 12:51.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is there an advantage to the open FH as oppposed to the closed type? Do they mitigate flash better or is there something else going on?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Is there an advantage to the open FH as oppposed to the closed type? Do they mitigate flash better or is there something else going on?
    I've read elsewhere in regards to Surefire SOCOM mounts; 3prong > 4 prong > closed tine.

Surefire refuses to bring the 4p into the civvie market due to the fact that the 3p is superior. And the military keeps buying the 4p because it's in the system already, and most of the time the mount has a suppressor, so the inferior flash hiding aspect doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There's some flash visible at the tip of the the A1/A2 slots, none with open ended designs.

We saw the same thing on the 6310 (5/8x24) as well.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast