Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Rivers Arms 5.56x45 AK74 Before and After

Feedback Score

Two Rivers Arms 5.56x45 AK74 Before and After

I sent TRA a Bulgarian AK74 kit, Childers receiver marked for 5.56x45, US plum AK74 stock set and AK-Builder 5.56x45 AK74 barrel.

And here's what I received back...

The attention to detail and quality of finish is incredible. It take Polish Beryl magazines and Bulgarian circle 10 5.56x45 magazines, though the Bulgarian magazines seem to fit tighter. Can't wait to shoot this baby.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's awesome, they do great work and are easy to work with. They did my Polish AKM and I was amazed with their work and quick turnaround. I've got a Tula AKM kit I'm sending to them sooner than later...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Nice!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice! How do the rivets look? Any gaps, or unevenly pressed ones?

Feedback Score
    The rivets look perfect. It's funny, when I compare my TRA builds to factory builds, some of the factory builds look like they were built by amatures.

Feedback Score
    I bet you have some of the same issues as before if running various Bulgarian magazines. They made three different generations of magazines, some had little tabs to center the rounds onto the feedramp, some had partial tabs, then some had the tabs removed entirely and they just fed straight into the sides of the barrel instead of the feedramp. I'd run that if it is in 74 pattern with the Polish magazines. It's still a far cry from the perfection that is the SLR 106.

Feedback Score
    We'll see. My black (1st gen I believe) Bulgarian 5.56x45 waffle magazines have always been 100% reliable in my Veprs. I'll try those and the Polish.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    We'll see. My black (1st gen I believe) Bulgarian 5.56x45 waffle magazines have always been 100% reliable in my Veprs. I'll try those and the Polish.
    They kept changing the little tabs on the inside of the mags. However if for whatever reason yours feed straight instead of centered, just polish/widen the little lip area of the feed ramp bevel on the barrel itself. Hand feed some rounds to see where they are striking on the barrel face.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That 74 looks great! I had TRA build two Romanian PM90 kits and they turned out very nice.

Feedback Score
    Thanks fhk96

I ran 120rds of Wolf steel case 223Rem 55gr copper jacket FMJ through this rifle today. Function was flawless. I used the magazines in the picture below.

From left to right they are the Bulgarian black 5rd, Bulgarian black waffle 30rd, Polish Beryl translucent 30rd, Bulgarian translucent waffle 20rd and Polish Beryl black 30rd. The Bulgarian magazines fit a little more tightly. I'm very pleased with this rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast