Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Innovations T15 & T15BDX lowers?

Feedback Score

Jusat put mine together

As far as the end plate, a small edge file on the centering bump on the end plate worked fine, if I ever have to drive the pin out for the bolt catch I will make a small 90 degree drift to bang it out.

Now I just need Vltor to ship their uppers, and my barrel to be made.

Mark

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well this question is now moot as I got a really good deal on two POF P-416 Gen I lowers at the Houston Gun Collectors Association gun show this weekend. Now I just have to order Magpul stock kits, MIADs, trigger mechanisms, and the remaining lower parts and get started building.

I would like to thank everyone for their input though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds good, make sure you post pictures when you are done with your new creations.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Will a Norgon ambi-catch work in the T15BDX lower?

It looks like the rib around the mag release might make it impossible to press the left-side release button.

I hope not, as I already bought the Norgon for my inbound T15BDX SBR lower.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Necropost

Necropost, but I'm wondering how these are doing. I have a pending SBR build with a Vltor VIS/MUR. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have had no issues with my lower. My only complaint is the lack of bevel on the bottom of the trigger guard, but it has not hurt anything. The fit with my Vltor VIS is great. No gaps or wobbles. They look good together.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my BDX. I think it looks great. My fit and finish is great, but then again, I duracoated mine. yes, the build was a bit tricky, but I was able to get the pin seated on the bolt catch with only a very slight mar to my duracoating.

Would I buy another? Well...considering they won't sell to CA customers and I happened to get this one as a used brand new stripped receiver second hand, the answer is no. But again that's not because I don't like it. I love it, in fact. I get lots of compliments on it and questions about it.

I do like the POF but I also really like the Mega billets. I have four ARs two forged Stags which are (IMHO) a very good product, as well as the BDX and an Iron Ridge Arms .308 Billet. I guess it just comes down to what you like, as it's a looks issue over a performance issue.

I hope this helps a little.

Last edited by jafount; 04-04-10 at 00:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jafount View Post
    I love my BDX. I think it looks great. My fit and finish is great, but then again, I duracoated mine. yes, the build was a bit tricky, but I was able to get the pin seated on the bolt catch with only a very slight mar to my duracoating.

Would I buy another? Well...considering they won't sell to CA customers and I happened to get this one as a used brand new stripped receiver second hand, the answer is no. But again that's not because I don't like it. I love it, in fact. I get lots of compliments on it and questions about it.

I do like the POF but I also really like the Mega billets. I have four ARs two forged Stags which are (IMHO) a very good product, as well as the BDX and an Iron Ridge Arms .308 Billet. I guess it just comes down to what you like, as it's a looks issue over a performance issue.

I hope this helps a little.

Nice build. Is the the Chris Reeve Pacific knife? If not, it is almost the same as the one I have.

I have two T15BDX lowers that I've built. I don't have much more to add other than the detent spring for the rear takedown pin has a retaining screw (0.05" I believe).

I have a JP Tactical FCG on both of mine, and one wears a Magpul UBR and the other an ACR. One has a Noveske upper 6.8 12.5" barrel with switchblock and is waiting for an AAC suppressor. The other is also a registered SBR but nothing on top yet.

If you feel you need to have one, you won't be disappointed. I didn't mind spending the extra $100 or so because I wanted to add these to my collection.

There are other quality lowers out there for less that will work just as well.

Feedback Score
    I see in your pic that PMags work in yours.. A buddy of mine purchased one of these direct the other week and I had a chance to handle it the other night.. PMags would not fit, they were really tight pushing them in place and obviously would not drop free whatsoever.. Also like others have said the edges are sharp and you can see a lot of maching marks.. I wouldnt buy one.. I would buy a mega over these..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermiss View Post
    Nice build. Is the the Chris Reeve Pacific knife? If not, it is almost the same as the one I have.

I have two T15BDX lowers that I've built. I don't have much more to add other than the detent spring for the rear takedown pin has a retaining screw (0.05" I believe).

I have a JP Tactical FCG on both of mine, and one wears a Magpul UBR and the other an ACR. One has a Noveske upper 6.8 12.5" barrel with switchblock and is waiting for an AAC suppressor. The other is also a registered SBR but nothing on top yet.

If you feel you need to have one, you won't be disappointed. I didn't mind spending the extra $100 or so because I wanted to add these to my collection.

There are other quality lowers out there for less that will work just as well.
    Yes it is the CR Pacific. Love it! Crazy thing is Case has an exact copy of it now for $45

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast