Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Innovations T15 & T15BDX lowers?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Tactical Innovations T15 & T15BDX lowers?

Does anyone out there have recent experience with either the Tactical Innovations T15 or T15BDX (NOT TAC15) lowers? I have been contemplating buying one or the other for a new build. Unfortunately I have not had much luck in searching the site for information. I found several posts from members who have mentioned using them but no detailed information. If anyone has used either and could give me their impressions, reports of any issues, and possibly some better pictures than their website, I would be grateful.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Check with jl2, he has a picture on the last page of the stickied ADC PD15 upper(AR techsection)
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is a quick picture, I hid the serial number.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Tactical Intervations lowers,High or Low Shelf

Stickman or anybody can you tell me are their lowers High or Low Shelf?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a T15BDX as pictured in Stick's post.

My observations to date:

-There are obvious machining marks on radiused surfaces. Doesn't affect function, but I'm guessing most folks are buying a billet lower for looks (I know I did).

-The lower surface of the trigger guard is not chamfered at all, unlike the SMOS/Larue billet lowers. The surface is wider than the surface of a standard AR trigger guard.

-The nonstandard profile of the outer surface of the lower makes it difficult to remove the bolt catch roll pin without hitting the lower itself. There is basically no way for a straight roll pin punch to clear the outer surface of the lower when removing the bolt catch roll pin. Again, this may mar the surface finish, but does not affect function.

-I personally would never use the screw that tightens the lower against your upper. I don't think it's a good idea to push aluminum holes against steel pins...

-As far as I can tell, these are low shelf.

I have my T15BDX lower for fun, but I would not buy another one. It does nothing a $120 lower from Mega doesn't do, other than look different.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks guys.

I have decided that the T15BDX is nowhere near worth the price.

Still wondering if anyone out there has any experience with their T15 forged lower, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got one, but haven't built it up into anything yet.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stickman,

For background, I have experience with LMT, RRA, DPMS, Spike's, and a couple of other brands of lowers (the names of which escape me just now) as well as owning a couple of Colt's and having been issued an M16A2 back in the day.

I need to put a couple of rifles together and I am looking at lowers that use pictogram markings only for these two. I was thinking about these because the T15s look pretty good from the website pictures and I had seen a T15BDX at a gunshow. The T15BDX I saw was very clean with very crisp engraving and no machining marks at all but even the dealer hadn't built a rifle with one so I thought it best to ask opinions here. What I have already seen posted means I won't be building the rifles with T15DBXs but I am still interested in the T15.

If I could pick your brain for a minute, what's the quality/fit and finish look like compared to other high quality forged lowers? Also, do you happen to have any pictures you have taken on the T15 you could post?

I am concerned about fit and finish for to reasons. First, something about the way I run the gun will occassionally rub a blister on my trigger finger when I am not wearing gloves if all of the forging flash is not removed from the trigger opening. I mostly wear gloves (Army habit) but it has happened a couple of times and is very annoying. Second, is that one of these guns is for my wife who is very picky about fit and finish (she's an artist). I could care less but I promised two identical guns and she is the CFO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My T15BDX has two minor issues. The lower edge of the integral trigger guard is not beveled and needs the edge taken off. The end plate notch hole on the back of the receiver was undersize. I tried several different end plates but none would fit without reducing the width. Other than that it is a very nice receiver. For the money, I would not buy another.
    Last edited by akviper; 10-24-08 at 01:53.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmiller View Post
    Stickman,

For background, I have experience with LMT, RRA, DPMS, Spike's, and a couple of other brands of lowers (the names of which escape me just now) as well as owning a couple of Colt's and having been issued an M16A2 back in the day.

I need to put a couple of rifles together and I am looking at lowers that use pictogram markings only for these two. I was thinking about these because the T15s look pretty good from the website pictures and I had seen a T15BDX at a gunshow. The T15BDX I saw was very clean with very crisp engraving and no machining marks at all but even the dealer hadn't built a rifle with one so I thought it best to ask opinions here. What I have already seen posted means I won't be building the rifles with T15DBXs but I am still interested in the T15.

If I could pick your brain for a minute, what's the quality/fit and finish look like compared to other high quality forged lowers? Also, do you happen to have any pictures you have taken on the T15 you could post?

I am concerned about fit and finish for to reasons. First, something about the way I run the gun will occassionally rub a blister on my trigger finger when I am not wearing gloves if all of the forging flash is not removed from the trigger opening. I mostly wear gloves (Army habit) but it has happened a couple of times and is very annoying. Second, is that one of these guns is for my wife who is very picky about fit and finish (she's an artist). I could care less but I promised two identical guns and she is the CFO.

I'll see if I can get some decent pictures shot while I'm shooting some other items.
    Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast