Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Midwest Industries Combat Rail Handguard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Does anyone know off hand the minimum length rail that will completely cover a shaved FSB?

9.25, 9.5?
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry if I didn't look through all 10 pages, but I noticed the OP didn't show the 17". I'm interested in this one for my 18" SPR build, but was wondering what the side cutouts in front are about. Thanks MI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Industries View Post
    If you massage your FSB grind job it will clear . You will still have to unpin the FSB and remove it to get the barrel nut on.

Troy
    MI
    Thanks for the response. I did put a call in to you guys and your CS felt it would fit. I already bought the rail (on its way) and was about to buy another barrel until I saw this. Arms Unlimited claims this is direct from Colt like this (FBI HRT overrun) and that Colt shaved the FSP. Hopefully it looks as good (and as low profile) as the picture! Seems like a good price for this barrel and most come either stripped or with a FSP for a lot more money.

MI CS was extremely helpful. Arms Unlimited...not so much. I called them first and they had zero info on specs other than what I listed above.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    I'm sorry if I didn't look through all 10 pages, but I noticed the OP didn't show the 17". I'm interested in this one for my 18" SPR build, but was wondering what the side cutouts in front are about. Thanks MI.
    The cut outs on the 17x model is so you could run a directional brake tucked in the end with the vents going out the sides.
    Troy
    MI

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Troy.

Feedback Score
    Question- has anyone mounted a Surefire Scout mini at the 1 o’clock with a Troy folding front site and a Arisaka in-line Mount on this rail? Will it clear the front sight base?

Like this (can’t see the front sight used here)
    768FD0E4-1366-4543-A96B-1D40440FA103.jpg

PS: The Colt FBI barrel mentioned above fits easily with plenty of clearance!
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910