Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score

Civies use what you all brag about, meat eaters use the Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    I guess I'm an outlier, it's the Super-Stoc for me. Why? Because it locks up tight. Wobbling stocks drive me nuts.

http://www.stdgun.com/rogers-super-stoc/
    Well said, many of these "Opinions" sound reasonable for weekend users who maybe fire 100 rounds at the range a month at most. The Rogers Super stocs are for the meat eaters out there, once the OEM Colt stocks, then DOE then DEA, then "other" fed agencies. It failed the NSN test as it froze at 48 deg below zero and had a slight crack after a 6 foot drop test. No other stock locks up that tight and , trust me, can deliver a Butt Strok to whatever you need it to. Most outside of the USG have never seen one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrock53 View Post
    "Opinions"...
    Lol you say “opinions” like it is subjective that they are Opinions.

All this thread is opinions. No quotes needed.

Feedback Score

Opinions on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Lol you say “opinions” like it is subjective that they are Opinions.

All this thread is opinions. No quotes needed.
    Sorry, you are correct, I am new here and used to Sniper's hide and the facts that they present. One issue I have with just opinions is that some rookie cop may mistake one of these opinions for fact and has a FTF or other major malfunction and loses his life! Many smaller agencies use these blogs as gospel !!!

I will leave the blog, thanks for understanding.

The Fed

Feedback Score
    I have 2 favorites:

the IMI Defense Enhanced M4 Buttstock IMI-ZS100
    and
    the Magpul MOE® SL-K Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec

Both fit fine for me & are compact & light in weight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Civies use what you all brag about, meat eaters use the Rogers

....many of these "Opinions" sound reasonable for weekend users who maybe fire 100 rounds at the range a month at most. The Rogers Super stocs are for the meat eaters out there, once the OEM Colt stocks, then DOE then DEA, then "other" fed agencies. It failed the NSN test as it froze at 48 deg below zero and had a slight crack after a 6 foot drop test. No other stock locks up that tight and , trust me, can deliver a Butt Strok to whatever you need it to. Most outside of the USG have never seen one.
    Huh?

I've never been a meat eating .gov employee but I own several Rogers Super Stocks lol. They came on some of my Colts, I swapped them out because rifle accessories are a personal thing and I do not like them.

Nothing wrong with the Colt OEM Type I (CAR-15), Type II-A (M4), and Type II-B (M4) stocks. Colt also has shipped their rifles with Magpul MOE and MOE SL stocks. When selecting a stock for a rifle that might be used in the preservation of life anything that has been SOPMOD approved such as the LMT / B5 SOPMOD is more than g2g. The Vltor IMOD bears to mind as well.

If one is going to look to Fed LE for inspiration for their AR's furniture I'd suggest they perform an image search for HRT members with their carbines. HK416's with HK OEM stocks as well as Colt Commandos sporting SOPMODs and Vltors.

YMMV.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-26-18 at 04:14.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    So in your mind, there's two levels: "meat eaters" who need equipment that can survive both arctic temperatures and Middle East sandstorms and the guy who puts five mags down range once a month? No middle ground, eh? High-speed-low-drag operator or you drive Miss Daisy?

And the entire word outside of the US military has never seen one, but we are to take your word that after whatever torture test you throw at it, the buttstock can survive. So, I have to ask: were you part of SEAL Team Six? Were you the guy who killed OBL, with a buttstroke from a Rogers Super Stock?

Well said, many of these "Opinions" sound reasonable for weekend users who maybe fire 100 rounds at the range a month at most. The Rogers Super stocs are for the meat eaters out there, once the OEM Colt stocks, then DOE then DEA, then "other" fed agencies. It failed the NSN test as it froze at 48 deg below zero and had a slight crack after a 6 foot drop test. No other stock locks up that tight and , trust me, can deliver a Butt Strok to whatever you need it to. Most outside of the USG have never seen one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    LOL! Exactly! The "meat eaters" I know can kill with whatever's handed to them, and that's the extent of their preferences.

Some people like different stuff, some don't GAF. A buttstock is not a good metric for who to respect, and who you can safely put down as inferior.

Feedback Score
    I am member of Snipers Hide and I can assure you that opinions presented as opinions appear there all the time. You'll know an opinion when you see it because it starts with the words, "I think..." or some variant thereof. Some may even start with the words, "In my opinion...".

And the "we don't discuss opinions because some rookie cop could get killed" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the Internet that didn't involve a cat or a Korean pop star. Police are issued specific equipment that they must use. Some departments may offer a choice for certain items, but even that is generally within a few pre-selected options. No department is going to allow an officer to just put whatever doodads on a department rifle. Maybe, as a meat-eater, you're used to being able to do whatever you wanted, because you know, rules don't apply to the Epsilon Force. "This is my safety", and all that.

Sniper's hide is of course just chock full of folks who were "on the teams". Maybe you would be better off there. Or maybe you would be better off if you just didn't try so hard.

Sorry, you are correct, I am new here and used to Sniper's hide and the facts that they present. One issue I have with just opinions is that some rookie cop may mistake one of these opinions for fact and has a FTF or other major malfunction and loses his life! Many smaller agencies use these blogs as gospel !!!

I will leave the blog, thanks for understanding.

The Fed

Feedback Score
    Mine is the Magpul SL. It lets me get a consistent cheek weld quickly, it doesn't rattle on the receiver extension, it's long enough for me, and it's pretty unobtrusive. A close second is the B5 Sopmod (without the battery tubes.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pubb View Post
    And the "we don't discuss opinions because some rookie cop could get killed" is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on the Internet that didn't involve a cat or a Korean pop star.

I'm not defending Rr53, as I'm pretty much in total agreement with your statement.

Police are issued specific equipment that they must use. Some departments may offer a choice for certain items, but even that is generally within a few pre-selected options. No department is going to allow an officer to just put whatever doodads on a department rifle.
    Just FWIW, that just isn't true of LE across the board. There are a lot of smaller agencies that allow officers to 'run what they brung' as long as it is a specific caliber, including rifles.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast