Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite M4 Collapsible Stock Design and Why?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I keep going back to the B5 bravos. I prefer them to the sopmod because the butt is slanted. I didnt like the bcm. I adjust my stock sometimes based on shooting position, and it was way too stiff.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    The CTR was my favorite for a long time. I prefer the B5/LMT style release lever and butt angle and have one of each, but some Bravos are too tight to easily adjust LOP and I balk at the bulk and cost of the LMT. The similar Griffin ECS addresses those gripes and is my current fave.

Several are decent enough, but I won’t buy another - MOE SL, STR, ACS, N1 and LWRC compact. The only one I absolutely hate is the BCM. The two I had were too tight on the tube, too stiff a lever, didn’t like the dismounting method, and IMO it is a homely thing.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    The CTR was my favorite for a long time. I prefer the B5/LMT style release lever and butt angle and have one of each, but some Bravos are too tight to easily adjust LOP and I balk at the bulk and cost of the LMT. The similar Griffin ECS addresses those gripes and is my current fave.

Several are decent enough, but I won’t buy another - MOE SL, STR, ACS, N1 and LWRC compact. The only one I absolutely hate is the BCM. The two I had were too tight on the tube, too stiff a lever, didn’t like the dismounting method, and IMO it is a homely thing.
    Excellent explanation of the thought process and reasoning behind your choices.

I didn't recall ever looking at a Griffin ECS so I looked it up. And, found a perfect example of differing tastes.

My first thought was 'wow, that is butt-ugly.' My second observation was 'what, it limits you to only QD attachment?'

For those reason I determined it wasn't the stock for me, despite being impressed with the testing that proves the durability of the stock's design.

This is not meant to be critical, your post did an excellent job of expressing your thoughts on what a stock needs - for you.

To, me this simply emphasizes that one size will never fit all.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Yeah, the B5 is better looking. I’d liken the Griffin to the girl who goes from a 5 to an 8 once you get to know her. Here are the three with similar operation. Sorry I can’t post larger.

C93E1E01-57C0-4D72-8301-A41E908FB86F.jpg
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Well.. that make the B5 a SUPERIOR stock the . Because it’s on a Colt.

Gee golly Moose!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It tis a good thing I acquired all my B5's before Colt made this move, now they will probably get hard to find in stock as all the meat eaters will eat them up.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’m ising a MOE-SL right now and it is nice. Longer than a waffle, and the QD is is a spot that doesn’t rotate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Yeah, the B5 is better looking. I’d liken the Griffin to the girl who goes from a 5 to an 8 once you get to know her. Here are the three with similar operation. Sorry I can’t post larger.
    I just laid out rifles with a B5 Bravo, an MOE-SL and an EXOS Ti-7. Then I though aha, maybe I could make a picture:

Attachment 52506

From left to right (top) B5 Bravo, Magpul MOE SL; (bottom) EXOS Ti-7, GRIFFIN ECS

I prefer the angled rear because it helps get the rifle higher in the shoulder, allowing a more upright head. Without armor I really like the way the EXOS works at the bottom, when you lower the muzzle.

The MOE SL is a little too narrow for me, the B5 and the Ti-7 put me right behind the dot or etched reticle.

I generally use the QD point on the offside of the rifle (left side since I'm a lefty). The B5 is superior for this method since it's QD socket is rotation-limited.

So I'm torn between the B5 and the Ti-7 as to an absolute favorite, neither is absolutely perfect.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I’m ising a MOE-SL right now and it is nice. Longer than a waffle, and the QD is is a spot that doesn’t rotate.
    I have found that with wider (1.25" vs 1") swivels they don't generally rotate. However, sometimes when you let the rifle hang, it will still rotate.

Feedback Score
    there's so many good options these days i can't choose just one.

For me it has to be:

Magpul MOE SL-K
    Magpul UBR Gen 2.0
    BCM Gunfighter stock MOD 0

Before all this new fancy stuff came out, it was the Magpul CTR. However the three mentioned above have surpassed it in comfort....and looks...(cuz there's no point in having gear unless it looks cool - GarandThumb).

Feedback Score
    I have more CTR's than anything, and they are probably my favorite, but I also have STR's and ACS's. I just don't like the bulk for cheek weld unless it's on an SPR type rifle. I do, however, want to try a UBR on my next AR, because I think it's an interesting concept.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast