Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boulder Co. passes strict assault weapons ban!

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Boulder Co. passes strict assault weapons ban!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/b2ddde5...-sweeping.html

The city defines assault weapons as "semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."

Included in the definition are "all semiautomatic action rifles with a detachable magazine with a capacity of twenty-one or more rounds," as well as "semiautomatic shotguns with a folding stock or a magazine capacity of more than six rounds or both."

Those possessing assault weapons already can keep them under the law, but owning bump stocks and high-capacity magazines will be become illegal in July. Certain law enforcement and military personnel are exempted from the ordinance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "....to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans."
    Okay, I lol'ed at that verbiage.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They left out “icky”.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Colorado used to be more libertarian and the more they ignore the coming wave of Left leaning the more issues that they will face, tourism and business will fall. Hopefully this will help benefit surrounding states with a better understanding of cause and effect.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Okay, I lol'ed at that verbiage.
    Me too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Lawsuit filed by local gun club and Jon Caldera and a person under 21. THink a gun store too.

Based on 2A issues. THere are also CO 'Home Rule' issues with the law.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Odd that their definition of high capacity magazines started at 21 rounds when the state already did a 15 round limit.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Odd that their definition of high capacity magazines started at 21 rounds when the state already did a 15 round limit.
    State was grandfathered.

They are looking to do tweaks to it later. Don’t know if that is to head off lawsuits or appease the Blooming-idiots.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No shit, with verbiage like that, hope they never see Bob Munden or Jerry Miculek at work or there go revolvers too. Some more of the typical common sense.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    No shit, with verbiage like that, hope they never see Bob Munden or Jerry Miculek at work or there go revolvers too. Some more of the typical common sense.
    Jerry shoot'n a wheel gun is the first thing I thought of when I read that shit.

Some of the fastest pistoleros achieve their feat with Colt SAAs.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast