Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boulder Co. passes strict assault weapons ban!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Holy smokes I haven't seen that guy before. I swear I heard one shot and both balloons broke at the same time. He must have one of those spray features on that SAA.
    Must be that barrel shroud that gives him that edge

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Local level bans have no teeth.
    But they don't have to.

Local level bans "normalize" restrictions in the minds of people, which makes less resistance to broader restrictions at more-than-local levels since most people will hear that they already had such and such law at the local level. The fact that it was toothless is irrelevant to that end.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I don't know the details, but I picture the Boulder jail as having non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian meals with child-labor free bedding materials and uniforms that are all unique with affirming messages written on the tags.

My girlfriend lived in Boulder for a couple of years. Her assessment on the place is pretty much summed up in your analysis except for everyone drives hybrids.

This law is a great example of the Gun Grab of '18. It is being done at the state and city level. The national level has not borne fruit for them, so they are counting on local progressive collectivist people to push it.
    I think your right, if many local cities and states start doing it, the liberals in the senate will feel as though they fell asleep at the wheel and begin to take immediate action saying that they are far behind to movement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The full version:

Wow, just wow. No other words.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Someone please explain to me, how this is constitutional...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Someone please explain to me, how this is constitutional...
    After all, the Constitution is a list of suggestions, isn't it?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Local level bans "normalize" restrictions in the minds of people, which makes less resistance to broader restrictions at more-than-local levels since most people will hear that they already had such and such law at the local level. The fact that it was toothless is irrelevant to that end.
    That and if a home owner or other such good guy utilized such a firearm in a self-defense situation within city limits they would be treated as the criminal.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-18-18 at 04:20.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I don't know the details, but I picture the Boulder jail as having non-GMO, gluten-free, vegetarian meals with child-labor free bedding materials and uniforms that are all unique with affirming messages written on the tags.
    Don't forget large helpings of soy with every meal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Local level bans have no teeth.
    The problem is that they do. It is up to $1000 and 180 days in jail, with a minimum 10 days. Now I don't know if that is per mag or just for having any number. How many standard cap magazines do you have? You could rapidly get to a level of punishment of NFA violations. Of course, they have to find them, but that is like living like an illegal alien. Sure it probably won't get picked up, but if you do....

I mean, you are right. These laws aren't designed to catch people and punish them, but they are more like a snake under a log, who knows when you could get bit.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The problem is that they do. It is up to $1000 and 180 days in jail, with a minimum 10 days. Now I don't know if that is per mag or just for having any number. How many standard cap magazines do you have? You could rapidly get to a level of punishment of NFA violations. Of course, they have to find them, but that is like living like an illegal alien. Sure it probably won't get picked up, but if you do....

I mean, you are right. These laws aren't designed to catch people and punish them, but they are more like a snake under a log, who knows when you could get bit.
    Well, everyone needs to make a decision on whether they comply or not comply with blatantly unconstitutional and unjust laws. That said, I reside in Florida, we have local preemption, someone of the leftist strong holds are challenging it, it will be interesting to see what happens. I left my the state I was born in (NY) to get away from this shit. I’m done fleeing, what ever happens, so be it but I will not comply.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast