Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 felt recoil experiences ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Sounds like you're after
    Just looked. Excellent suggestions, especially the Vanguard.
    thx !

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was surprised when I first took my G43 to the range, it was easier to control than I imagined it would be. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I was assuming it would be hard to control before I ever fired it. Great little pistols in my book.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    OP here:
    Any suggestions for a IWB holster that is extremely thin?
    I'm very happy with a vedder light tuck I got for my Kahr CW9, which is similar in size/purpose to the G43: https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I'm very happy with a vedder light tuck I got for my Kahr CW9, which is similar in size/purpose to the G43: https://www.vedderholsters.com/lighttuck/
    I'll second the Vedder Light Tuck. I have one for a G43 + TLR-6 and it's quite thin, stays put (on an appropriate belt of course), is comfortable, and allows me to get a master grip on the gun while it's still in the holster. Also, they're fairly inexpensive.

I also saw where some here mentioned feeling like the gun would fall out of your hands due to its small size. I'm curious, do you experience this with just the flush-fitting magazine, or also with the magazine with the pinky extension? I use the mag with the Glock factory pinky extension and also had the trigger guard undercut and with this combination for me none of my pinky finger hangs off the gun. But I also have smedium sized hands...

Feedback Score
    Just traded my shield in for a Glock 43 a couple weeks ago. Loved the shield but for work, we shoot Glocks so they feel more natural to me. The 43 is definitely more snappy than my 19 but overall it's not bad. Takes maybe a split second longer to get your sights back on target for a follow-up shot which is something you can diminish with training. The thing that I have to work on is my support hand placement as sometimes I have to readjust after a couple of shots because on it's size/recoil. Overall I think it's a very accurate gun for it's size and makes for a solid concealed carry peice.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I shot a 43 years ago when they very first came out. I could hit with it but I absolutely hated the gun. I thought recoil was bad enough to affect controlled pairs or followup shots.

Fast forward to today. I follow Kyle Defoor a lot on his blog and facebook and was really surprised to see how much he's been running a 43. I read his reports on the gun and it's Taran Tactical extended base pads for a year and finally decided to try it again.

Picked up a blue label and ordered a couple of the Vicker's +2's after some research. Went to the range and really, really focused.

And I loved the gun. I've put hundreds of rounds through it. Upgraded the sights to a set of DeFoor's night sight set from Ameriglo and then a Vickers slide release. Now when not at work I'm rarely without the pistol. I'm even comfortable running it with the flat bottom mags

One last thing I think that in the years since my first experience with one Glock's improvements to the trigger with their "-" connector as a standard feature is a huge win for the gun.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP here:
    Original question was about my hands hurting from recoil and not getting enough practice in with the pistol.
    If someone looks back at this thread the comments have really been helpful and ON target.
    Picked up the 43 from the LGS yesterday and took 100 rounds to the range. A mix of 115, 124 and 25 Federal HS.
    First shot was a surprise as there was no expected recoil. I was waiting for a 44 mag and got a standard 9.
    2nd surprise was how accurate the gun shot with the factory sights. No much light on either side but every shot was centered at 25 and 40 feet, first slow for accuracy and trigger control, later with 2 sight pictures and then a few Bill drills.
    After about 50 rounds I could feel the gun move or wiggle lightly after the 3 or 4th round in the magazine. But, nothing to any degree to spoil accuracy. It was just the smaller gun with less surface contact. And my hands were tired.
    100 rounds no issue. Getting in a consistent 25-50 rounds practice alongside my regular carry, will not be an issue.
    Waiting on the suggested holsters to arrive, then sights, then all the personal things we do.
    Thanks for all the input on this.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I listed about all I can say just above you. But really do love the mods I did. Especially the DeFoor sights.

Also looking at trying the Talon grips out instead of stippling this pistol. A friend has the rubberized set on his 43 but I was going to try the granular. Tough that might prove abrasive if you carry it IWB.

https://talongungrips.com/grips/glock/43.html

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I listed about all I can say just above you. But really do love the mods I did. Especially the DeFoor sights.

Also looking at trying the Talon grips out instead of stippling this pistol. A friend has the rubberized set on his 43 but I was going to try the granular. Tough that might prove abrasive if you carry it IWB.

https://talongungrips.com/grips/glock/43.html
    The granular eats skin. I use the rubberized type and am happy with it on a carry gun.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'm sure it does but all my Glocks are pretty heavily stippled. And one alloy 1911 has pretty rough tape around the front strap. But I understand it's not for everyone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast