Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 felt recoil experiences ?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn_yankee View Post
    Something that may mitigate some felt recoil on the 43 is the Hogue beavertail grip sleeve.
    Rubber seems to grab cover garments IMO. I will say that is the first Hogue slip on grip that looks like it won't slip all over the place.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Rubber seems to grab cover garments IMO. I will say that is the first Hogue slip on grip that looks like it won't slip all over the place.
    Never had this grab any garments on me. It is a bear to get on the G43 grip. It will not move once installed. I will say I have gone to the Talons from this because I like the draw from my holster better with the Talons.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife has the 43. It shoots well with full power loads for me. That's subjective though. On a bad day with your hand condition, would you be able to pull the slide on a 43 to chamber a round? If not, you're no less a man going with a 42 or other .380.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Manageable but noticeable with the flush magazines, but I have the Strike Industries +2 extensions on three others, and with them it feels just fine.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    It's less controllable than a g19, but nothing close to unmanageable. Once you put the extended mag on it's even better.

Feedback Score
    I can’t believe that rental cost. By me, an extra gun rental fee of $10 gets you as many different guns as you want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    On a related note, I'm guessing the recoil on the Glock 42 is probably minimal, correct? Maybe the 42 is the more appropriate choice for recoil sensitivity?

(I'm one to prefer 9mm myself, but if the gun's recoil keeps you from carrying it or using it effectively, then it's just a conversation piece.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's a recoil difference, but LAV exaggerated. My mom shot my G19 for about a hundred rounds before switching to the G43. I warned her that the recoil would be greater with a lighter gun. After firing a mag through the G43 she told me she could barely tell the difference in recoil. Her only gripe was when she pinched her palm inserting a mag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you considered the Sig p365? I confess that I haven't tried either, but online reviews seems to universally speak favorably about it's superior concealability, trigger, and capacity. Also, its remarkably low recoil.

I am all but sold on it, but am reserving final judgement until I have the opportunity to handle both at the same time.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    On a related note, I'm guessing the recoil on the Glock 42 is probably minimal, correct? Maybe the 42 is the more appropriate choice for recoil sensitivity?

(I'm one to prefer 9mm myself, but if the gun's recoil keeps you from carrying it or using it effectively, then it's just a conversation piece.)
    The G42 is very shootable and works nicely for is size.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast