Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 felt recoil experiences ?

Feedback Score
    I carry the g43 with a taran tactical +1 and a tt +2 reload. I find the recoil to be quite manageable with ranger t 147gr. I can conceal it under a t shirt own no prob in my opinion it’s the best conceal carry 9mm out there followed closely by the Walther pps. The Walther is heavier which soaks up the recoil a little better but of course the trade off is a heavier gun just food for thought I guess

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    I am debating purchasing a Glock 43.
    I have not fired one yet and renting one from any LGS would cost $60.00. (Their ammo, range, and rental)
    This is south Florida and it would be nice on occasion to wear a shirt that wasn’t big enough to conceal a Colt CCO or Glock 19.
    But, I am getting incredibly old and despite that continue with the martial arts which give my hands a beating. My worry is that I will not be able to get enough practice in to develop quality skills level with the 43.

So I guess my question is: exactly how nasty is the felt recoil on the 43. From what I have heard it is distinct. LAV’s review was not great, but he is one voice, worth listening to, but only one.
    I don’t want a .380. I know there are plenty of good choices, used to own Colt Pocketlites and found them excellent pistols.

What do you guys think about the 43?
    For the size I find the G43 to be very concealable, especially in Florida. Then again, I shoot 357 Magnum Snubbies without issue. The Snubby is something to consider for a pocket carry. But you give up a round with most with the exception of the Kimber K6S (6 shots vs 5 in a S&W 640 or 442).

The recoil is snappy but not uncontrollable. I find the S&W Shield to be a lot easier to control. The balance feels a lot more natural. The Sig 365 is something I’ve never tried, but it’s supposed to be as small with a larger capacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldness View Post
    I carry the g43 with a taran tactical +1 and a tt +2 reload. I find the recoil to be quite manageable with ranger t 147gr. I can conceal it under a t shirt own no prob in my opinion it’s the best conceal carry 9mm out there followed closely by the Walther pps. The Walther is heavier which soaks up the recoil a little better but of course the trade off is a heavier gun just food for thought I guess
    I second the Walther PPS-LE M2. It just shoots and feels better. To me it shoots comfortable... like a larger gun.
    Can find them on sale here and there.
    The more I shoot the PPS, the more I like it and the 43 less.

But maybe it's just me...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I find the Shield to shoot "softer" than the Glock 43. With that said, recoil with the Glock 43 wasn't bad. The reason I sold off my Glock 43 was the size of the gun compared to the size of my hand. I had a hard time gripping the Glock 43 from shot to shot. My hands were a bit too large for the compact 43 size grip. I could do it for short periods, but then the back of my hand would start to ache form the fatigue of doing so.

To the OP, I would recommend you handle one in a store. If you feel like you're going to drop the thing, then pass. If not, then it might be just the gun for your needs.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I worked as a mechanic for 20 years. My hands are beat up. I have carpal tunnel, arthritis, and some nerve damage in my hands. My right shoulder and left elbow are messed up too.

Before purchasing my Glock 43 I rented one and a Shield. My first impressions shooting both was the recoil or lack there of. I thought the recoil impulse would be much more severe shooting such small, light pistols.

I found the Shield made my wrist ache. The Glock 43 did not do that. I did 150 rounds shooting steel the other day at the range. Everything was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm getting older and am at the point that after spending the day with my fingers wrapped around a hammer, shovel, rake, lawn mower handle, etc., they are stiff the next morning.
    They sell therapy balls about the size of a golf ball. It is a hard rubber with nubs on it. I use one of the on my palms. There are spots it hurts like a son of a bitch. I concentrate on those spots. Worked good for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    I second the Walther PPS-LE M2. It just shoots and feels better. To me it shoots comfortable... like a larger gun.
    Can find them on sale here and there.
    The more I shoot the PPS, the more I like it and the 43 less.

But maybe it's just me...

I had the same experience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wrist is somewhat recoil sensitive nowadays. Trimmed too many cases a couple of years ago, and I have to watch what I do and how I do it. I did handle a G43 a while back, and, as mentioned, it always felt like I was going to drop it. Plus it had a trigger pull like a--Glock. Oddly enough a 45 Shield works well for me on both counts; two mags will do me, but I'm ok with that.

A few weeks ago I bought a Ruger EC9s. I liked the feel, and the trigger is every bit as good--DA revolver like--as the Shield. The price, $212 OTD--was a plus, but I really like the little stinker. I'm still evaluating it, but if it stays 100% reliable, as it has so far, it will probably bump my 442 out of the lineup. It's an awful lot of bang for the buck, and I shoot it pretty well.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP here:
    Looked at the other options mentioned. But also
    got a chance to fire a 43 and it is workable so I’ll just stay with a Glock.
    Interesting I was sitting at the local coffee shop bakery talking guns with the owner who used to work in a LGS and he said he carried a 43. He must of said it 3 times before it registered. The guy wears a T shirt and nylon gym shorts. Been in there 100 times and never read him as a carry. Got to shoot his.

Next question. I had planned on using a grip clip for under the shirt CCW and some sort of pocket holster for cargo shorts. Read that the clip companies strongly recommend that the gun is not carried with a round in the chamber as the trigger guard is not covered.
    That is useless. Any suggestions for a IWB holster that is extremely thin?
    Also, suggestion for a pocket holster with minimal bulk?
    TIA

Feedback Score
    I use dara holsters they are kydex and work well for me I’d suggest that you use a gun belt when you carry iwb it makes it more comfortable and you don’t have to adjust it constantly I have a bullhide belt from beltman it works great for me just my 2 cents

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    OP here:
    Looked at the other options mentioned. But also
    got a chance to fire a 43 and it is workable so I’ll just stay with a Glock.
    Interesting I was sitting at the local coffee shop bakery talking guns with the owner who used to work in a LGS and he said he carried a 43. He must of said it 3 times before it registered. The guy wears a T shirt and nylon gym shorts. Been in there 100 times and never read him as a carry. Got to shoot his.

Next question. I had planned on using a grip clip for under the shirt CCW and some sort of pocket holster for cargo shorts. Read that the clip companies strongly recommend that the gun is not carried with a round in the chamber as the trigger guard is not covered.
    That is useless. Any suggestions for a IWB holster that is extremely thin?
    Also, suggestion for a pocket holster with minimal bulk?
    TIA
    Sounds like you're after an RCS Vanguard 2 for the IWB holster.

For pocket holsters, I've used a Blue Force Gear UltraComp pocket holster and I can't easily imagine a less bulky pocket holster. I also have used a DeSantis Super Fly, which is pretty bulky. But the DeSantis does a better job of concealing the fact that there is a pistol in my pocket. They're both cheap enough, though, that I don't see why you couldn't buy one and then the other or both at the same time.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast