Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expensive flip flops

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Expensive flip flops

One of the perks of living in the desert is being able to wear flip flops about 350 days a year. Ive always bought decent flip flops for about 20-25 bucks and they have served me great. However I think I want to buy the more expensive ones. Around here everyone says to go with the Rainbow brand. Anyone have experience with them? Any other brand I should look at too?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I also wear flip flops all the time. We're about 325 days of warm, since it starts to warm up sooner for you guys. I have wide feet that are basically natural swim fins, so my choices are limited. What I have found are these: New Balance Flip Flops

I will get a year out of them, wearing them nearly every day from spring to fall. We're very casual at work so I wear them in the office as well (as long as we don't have customers visiting). They are comfortable and sufficiently thick for summer pavement heat.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Check out Keen
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Crocs
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Reef's

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    you can get you some Prada rubber flip flops for $160 or some Gucci rubber flip flops for $210

check out Hari Mari flip flops you can get at REI around $65-$75 made from leather,suede, memory foam and nylon- really comfortable

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've got a pair of Reef's and also a pair of Sperry flip flops. I like them both but I only wear them 30-45 days a year. They both are about 4-5 years old

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I’m on my second pair of rainbows. Just have the plain tan original ones. I got my first pair in 9th grade and wore them til I graduated college, then retired them, so to speak, after I wore a quarter-sized hole in each heel and the area under one of my big toes. Also they were nearly turned black from use. I would say $45 for 8 years use gave me my money’s worth.

Around here, and in certain crowds, Chacos are a big deal. They’re usually over $100 but look very durable from what I’ve seen and heard from people I know who have them. I’ve considered a pair before myself.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Combat Flip-Flops. Founded by some retired US Army Rangers who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Stuff is generally made in countries like Afghanistan and Colombia, places that have had issues with civil wars and violence. Proceeds from the sales go to things like clearing UXO in Southeast Asia, putting Afghan girls through school, Hurricane Harvey relief, and so forth. They have t-shirts that say things like, "Proudly made in shithole countries," and, "passive-fist," and name their flip flops things like, "AK-47," "M16," and, "Floperator." (The Floperator has a couple of places on it for hook-and-loop patches and is available in MultiCam.) They also have kits for their flip-flops to allow folks with prosthetic legs wear them.

And they're pretty pro-2A (they've posted some op-eds on their blog supporting the RKBA).

Here's one of their many celebrity endorsements (from SHOT Show 2012):
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I have a pair of Reefs I like a lot. Also used them as shower shoes when I was still in. I got them in like '09-'10 and they are still going strong. I also suggest Combat Flip Flops like Fj above, but no first hand experience with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast