Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Out of battery kabang.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Probably lost his nerve and sold off all his stuff. Not a bad thing. I can't imagine a packed to the gills reload doing that much damage. Impressive, and shows why "representative QI" is no better than none at all.
    Sometimes folks bo bo on what powder is in the hopper. Here is an article about such a mistake:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...fle-cartridge/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkpugs View Post
    Not arguing just asking ,Can you really put enough of the RIGHT powder in a AR ??? Case to do that much damage or would it have to be wrong powder or Squibb load ? I've seen too little powder become grenades in pistol calibers .
    Very easily depending on the powder. Some slower burning powders can compress without exceeding pressure. But a faster burning powder with a bulk density that doesn't fill the case up can easily go way over pressure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Anybody not scared by that photo really isn't paying attention...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Very easily depending on the powder. Some slower burning powders can compress without exceeding pressure. But a faster burning powder with a bulk density that doesn't fill the case up can easily go way over pressure.
    I didn't word that correctly , what I was referring to was what was the odds of that severe of a ka boom with powders normally used ,say 1 grain over max for 2200 or 3220 in a 6.8 not using the wrong powder . I know overload is bad but I know under load can be worse sometimes of course any load with wrong powder is very dangerous .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sh!t! Never even thought about more volatile powder. Yeah, LOL! That'll bite back!

Kinda odd how his trigger finger was spared. The rest looks like he finger banged a blender. : owie:

Feedback Score
    Sh!t! Never even thought about more volatile powder. Yeah, LOL! That'll bite back!

Kinda odd how his trigger finger was spared. The rest looks like he finger banged a blender. : owie:
    Back in the day our guys slipped in behind the lines and replaced a few rounds in VC ammo dumps with Exploders they even went so far as duplicate the looks of the original powder in case the VC caught on . The VC developed bad flinching problems thinking their gun may be next . For some time the AKs and ammo both were suspected and it worked well until the New York times got ahold of it and tipped off the enemy .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I****ing media! Those asshats have been anti-American since the beginning.

Feedback Score
    The AR does a pretty good job of protecting the trigger finger. You'll usually get some soot on it, but the upper is a lot weaker than the lower and most of the pressure will exit from the upper and mag well. Usually the upper is trashed but the lower stays intact.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloLarry View Post
    The AR does a pretty good job of protecting the trigger finger. You'll usually get some soot on it, but the upper is a lot weaker than the lower and most of the pressure will exit from the upper and mag well. Usually the upper is trashed but the lower stays intact.
    Yeah, you'd think it'd do as well protecting the other three. How can a linear force leapfrog the first finger?

Feedback Score
    I had a slam fire at a highpower match and had a High Master tell me a slam fire was due to a high primer and was not possible otherwise. He was wrong and I proved it with primed cases dropped in the chamber and bolt released in the standing position. I am unable to remember the primer manufacturer. I switched to CCI military primers and never had a problem after that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast