Thread: Co-Witness Question

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Co-Witness Question

See both attached photos. I tend to like my optics with a lower height over bore. Would the photos shown be considered a lower 1/3rd?

Feedback Score
    Not on the AR

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score

Co-Witness Question

Your sights would be absolute cowitness. Lower 1/3 would have your iron sights sitting 1/3 lower than your red dot. So you would have a raised mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stitch702; 05-19-18 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Alright so dumb question, is there anything wrong with using them like this? With the AR - I never use iron sights. With the 9mm the red dot seems to kind of sit inside the iron sight picture.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    On the top gun.. If the sights are fixed it will be lower something. On the AR it would be No-Witness with the sights deployed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc0929 View Post
    Alright so dumb question, is there anything wrong with using them like this? With the AR - I never use iron sights. With the 9mm the red dot seems to kind of sit inside the iron sight picture.
    No nothing wrong. I base it on comfort and preference. I use a 1/3 witness on my cz scorpion because the absolute witness crowds my sight picture. Others may prefer absolute because if their iron sights are zeroed they can just line up their red dot to the sights and it too will most likely be zeroes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stitch702 View Post
    No nothing wrong. I base it on comfort and preference. I use a 1/3 witness on my cz scorpion because the absolute witness crowds my sight picture. Others may prefer absolute because if their iron sights are zeroed they can just line up their red dot to the sights and it too will most likely be zeroes.

If the red dot is parallax free, you can do this whether it’s lower 1/3 or absolute.