Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CHF HBAR Chrome Lined Carbine Barrels: Where are they?

Feedback Score

CHF HBAR Chrome Lined Carbine Barrels: Where are they?

After jumping on the ultralightweight barrel bandwagon for several years I want to go back to a fat under the handguards barrel with a little more heat sink and stiffness but I don't want to give up CHF or Chrome Lining either.

I've only found 2 of these barrels and none of them are "in stock" and they are both carbine rather than mid-length gas(I prefer mid length).

Any ideas? I'm not a cheap skate, I'll happily package up a brand new premium barrel and send it off to ADCO but something off the shelf would be a lot more convenient.

Feedback Score
    Daniel Defense S2W 18” May be your only bet, if you can find one in stock.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    This barrel is not chrome lined.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I think that most smaller manufacturers are going to nitriding because it's cheaper, easier, and arguably better than chrome lining.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I actually have one of those and like it a lot but this build will eventually be a host for an RDIAS and "Chrome Is King"
    for MGs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    After jumping on the ultralightweight barrel bandwagon for several years I want to go back to a fat under the handguards barrel with a little more heat sink and stiffness but I don't want to give up CHF or Chrome Lining either.

I've only found 2 of these barrels and none of them are "in stock" and they are both carbine rather than mid-length gas(I prefer mid length).

Any ideas? I'm not a cheap skate, I'll happily package up a brand new premium barrel and send it off to ADCO but something off the shelf would be a lot more convenient.
    http://criterionbarrels.com/barrels/ar-15/ar-15-hbar

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    I actually have one of those and like it a lot but this build will eventually be a host for an RDIAS and "Chrome Is King"
    for MGs.
    Is SOCOM profile acceptable?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I actually have one of those and like it a lot but this build will eventually be a host for an RDIAS and "Chrome Is King" for MGs.
    Palmetto State Armory has sold (unsure if currently cataloged) a very heavy profile 18" midlength-gas barrel that is FN-made, CHF and CL. I have one, it's close to 1" under the handguards and about .75" (typical A2 dimension) forward of the gas block. For full auto use it would probably be a good barrel.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    The older ones were nitrided, but current production is CL: https://danieldefense.com/cold-hamme...hf-barrel.html

Interestingly, their Mk12 barrel is DLC.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Newer ones are, they still list the nitrided barrel, but current production are all chrome lined.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast