Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CHF HBAR Chrome Lined Carbine Barrels: Where are they?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    I just got off the phone with Frank at DD and all of their production other than the Mk12 Stainless is now CHROME LINED.

I was about to buy from a 3rd tier manufacturer that was offering a CHF heavy carbine barrel until I decided to give Coal Dragger's info a look see and voila! Straight from the horse's mouth.

Frank said they have refined their chrome lining process to the point that there is no difference in accuracy between their previous nitrided barrels and their current improved chrome lined units so nitriding has gone the way of the dodo at Daniel Defense.

Thanks, Coal Dragger
    Did they happen to say if they would make other 5.56 barrels in S2W profile that are not currently listed on their website? Doesn’t make much sense to not do so, particularly if they are properly gased, they will sell many.

Feedback Score
    I’ve wondered about this too.

They listed a 16” S2W for awhile in 5.56 but don’t anymore.

I’d love to see a 14.5”, and 16” S2W like profile offered. Maybe a smidge lighter for the 14.5” and 16”, more akin to what a mid length gas M4A1 SOCOM profile might look like. Maybe offer two different gas ports, so a customer can decide if they want it ported for a steady diet of 5.56 or .223.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I have two of the old nitrided S2W’s and both are very good shooters. My brother has a new chrome lined S2W on his DD complete rifle and he has been pleased with it too.
    Same, I have a 16" S2W and it shoots great. A side data point is that I only get half the POI shift when mounting a can on it. (Surefire SOCOM.) Half a mil shift vs 1 mil shift, which is what all my other 5.56 rifles get with a can mounted.

Feedback Score
    Well the beefier your barrel the more rigid it will be, no mystery to this. Pretty cool that you can quantify the actual difference though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    Centurion used to make a midlength midweight barrel, it would be awesome if they’d make another run of them. I found a new old stock one about a year ago, so maybe there are a few out there.
    I had one and sold it, I've regretted it ever since. Would love to pick another one up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    Centurion used to make a midlength midweight barrel, it would be awesome if they’d make another run of them. I found a new old stock one about a year ago, so maybe there are a few out there.
    This is what I would buy.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    This is what I would buy.
    Maybe if there’s enough demand Monty would do another run of them, I’d love to have one in 14.5”.
    Last edited by dcf1981; 05-21-18 at 18:00.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123