Thread: SAM7 Recoil Pad

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

SAM7 Recoil Pad

Hey all,

Was looking for some ideas to possibly add some padding to the recoil pad of an Arsenal SAM7 with the folding tubular style stock like this:

I don't really see any kind of recoil pad that looks like it would work so I was thinking about wrapping the end of the stock in some way. Any ideas on what kind of material might work?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    100mph tape and some fabric?

Anything would work in theory.

Depends how clean you want it to look. But if you use, say, a shop rag. Wrap it tight, and than use the reinforcement tape and wrap it as tight as you can go slow and it will look pretty good, me thinks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've used one of these on a triangle stock. Adds about 1" to the LOP but it worked well.

http://www.russiansurplus.net/produc...ngle-stock.htm
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 05-18-18 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    100mph tape and some fabric?

Anything would work in theory.

Depends how clean you want it to look. But if you use, say, a shop rag. Wrap it tight, and than use the reinforcement tape and wrap it as tight as you can go slow and it will look pretty good, me thinks.
    Clean as possible I guess. I may try that or possibly put Paracord over the top?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I've used one of these on a triangle stock. Adds about 1" to the LOP but it worked well.

http://www.russiansurplus.net/produc...ngle-stock.htm
    I read somewhere that these don't work with the SAM7 stock. I forget why though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Paracord would work wonderfully.

Get the paracord wet, wrap some fabric on the bare metal, set a knot and wrap the wet cordage. knot it off at the bottom side. When it all dries, it will be nice and tight. you may wanna put a layer of oil under any metal under the fabric when introducing moisture. But I have had amazing success with knifes, walking sticks, fishing poles by getting the cordage wet and doing my wrapping.

Of course, an extra layer of fabric isn't needed, would just give more cushion. Even if you did dry paracord and wrapped it tight over the metal, you would most likely notice a big difference than the bare metal.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-19-18 at 02:36.

Feedback Score
    There was a Russian buttpad that had a leather strap for the stamped sheet metal folding stocks. I have on one of my 74's that I use a 4x Russian scope on. Not sure where to find them these days though.

Feedback Score
    7n6, is this the buttpad you're thinking of?
    Rear:

Inside:

Side:

If so, I probably got it about twenty years ago, but I also don't know where to get one now. Vegas, feel free to use my pictures if you're wanting to do a WTB post.

Feedback Score
    I spoke too soon. I found what looks to be a copy. Heck, I don't know. It might be from the same manufacturer.
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/A...TG-37p1572.htm

Looks like you'd have to add a strap, but I'd say that it's worth a shot given the low price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I spoke too soon. I found what looks to be a copy. Heck, I don't know. It might be from the same manufacturer.
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/A...TG-37p1572.htm

Looks like you'd have to add a strap, but I'd say that it's worth a shot given the low price.
    Those fall off the SAM7 stock, based on my experience with them.