Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Active shooter Santa Fe TX HS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We had some stupid seniors, who are lucky they weren't friggin shot with their prank!

Dumb asses!

Masked seniors rushed into school with water guns and firecrackers.

May 21, 2018 09:58 AM
    Three days before 10 people died in a school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas. a small group of students at Bowie High School in Maryland pulled a senior prank that the local police chief called "reckless."

They wore black masks covering their faces. Some wore dark clothing.

School was already in session when the band of students rushed into Bowie High School in Maryland armed with water guns and fireworks in a stunt that simulated a school shooting.

The pranksters sprayed students and staff with the squirt guns and set off fireworks in the hallway, the school's principal, Robynne W. Prince, wrote in a letter to parents after the incident.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/natio...211575619.html

Feedback Score
    Any word on the 2nd person of interest?

Saw some stuff on Jordan Peterson and thought about this kid down in Texas and all the other young male shooters and the new PoundMeToo and Heroine-over-hero in modern storytelling (movies).

So we had stories where the man was the hero who had to face adversity with character and bravery. The feminists took this to mean that women weren't heroes- so they started to push up female heroes. Not a bad thing. Outside of war, women face about as many opportunities to be a hero as men. Not a bad thing to stress that women can be heroes.

Then they jumped the shark. It went from hero, to hero-heroine, to heroine-dolt. Look at Star Wars ANH and the The Last Jedi. In trying to build-up the heroine, they decided in a zero-sum way that the hero must be diminished to make room for the heroine.

The problem is that when we had stories with hero or hero-heroine, the emphasis on the hero rising to the task isn't about that the heroine is inferior- it has nothing to do with the heroine at all. It is all about signaling to men (really boys) that when crap hits the fan, you'd better step up and do the right thing- damn your fear, the danger or the cost.

The heroine-dolt model now (women need men like fish need a bicycle) takes that pressure and signaling off of men/boys to step up and put others before themselves- in fact it even goes the opposite way and saying that men really can't do anything right (lazy, stupid, corrupt).

So back to the shooters- is it any surprise that young men seem to be more likely to act out in selfish and self-centered ways- against the society that holds them in such low regard? Heap on the overall lack of respect for life, others, and society in general and you have created amoral, narcissistic monsters.

Then you wonder why they shoot up schools. They hate society because they are told that society hates them. It only takes 1 in 10,000,000 to take this too far.

Not saying we can't have heroines in movies, far from it- but ultra-violent movies that stress the lack of responsibility, value, and importance of young men is a serious problem.

Probably at least once a month I point out to my son where he could have stepped up- not big things usually. From helping some one to as simple as holding a door and being aware. I travel 20+ times a year and every time since my son was 3 years old I tell him "Take care of your mom and your sister until I come back". ( I also whisper that in my daughter's ear too by the way- she is actually more hard core than her older brother). If I had a dollar for every time another parent told me a story about how my son did the right thing, that KAC rifle still wouldn't be paid for, but it would help.

Every time my son gets wobbly on something, I just tell him in shorthand "Be the man". To many people today, that is a toxic statement. But look at the toxic society we have and I wonder who the real problem is.

ETA:
    I was looking for synonyms for "hero" and here is what thesaurus.com gave me:

Synonyms for hero
    noun submarine sandwich
    grinder
    hoagie
    sub
    submarine
    torpedo
    We are soooo screwed.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 05-22-18 at 02:56.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Any word on the 2nd person of interest?
    Oh I wouldn't worry about that, just like the guy in camo running in the woods near Sandy Hook. Just a hunter folks, just a hunter.

Saw some stuff on Jordan Peterson and thought about this kid down in Texas and all the other young male shooters and the new PoundMeToo and Heroine-over-hero in modern storytelling (movies).

So we had stories where the man was the hero who had to face adversity with character and bravery. The feminists took this to mean that women weren't heroes- so they started to push up female heroes. Not a bad thing. Outside of war, women face about as many opportunities to be a hero as men. Not a bad thing to stress that women can be heroes.

Then they jumped the shark. It went from hero, to hero-heroine, to heroine-dolt. Look at Star Wars ANH and the The Last Jedi. In trying to build-up the heroine, they decided in a zero-sum way that the hero must be diminished to make room for the heroine.

The problem is that when we had stories with hero or hero-heroine, the emphasis on the hero rising to the task isn't about that the heroine is inferior- it has nothing to do with the heroine at all. It is all about signaling to men (really boys) that when crap hits the fan, you'd better step up and do the right thing- damn your fear, the danger or the cost.

The heroine-dolt model now (women need men like fish need a bicycle) takes that pressure and signaling off of men/boys to step up and put others before themselves- in fact it even goes the opposite way and saying that men really can't do anything right (lazy, stupid, corrupt).

I have this "friend" on social media who is a third-wave feminist stay at home mom while her white husband goes to work everyday. She has three kids, one son. Every time one of these events happen she SJW's her keyboard about why white males do this and how we should be raising them differently. Then I point out to her ALL of the anti-white male bullshit she has posted publicly for the last x amount of months and tell her she should start there. Then I ask her why so many white women murder their own children....
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-22-18 at 03:46.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Will we ever find out if the killers are doped up on SSRIs?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    You will hear about it if they weren't, but won't hear about it if they were.
    Such is the state of the union these days.

Feedback Score
    Hear about what?

This is already gone.

Wrong guns, wrong kids, wrong motive.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hear about what?

This is already gone.

Amen, brotha.

It took a whole week and some plubbed up legislations to get knocked down for everyone to forget.

Hell, Parkland had a neo-army of kids going before people were cold.

I guess they had a harder time in Texas when the MO didn't fit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hear about what?

This is already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Amen, brotha.

It took a whole week and some plubbed up legislations to get knocked down for everyone to forget.

Hell, Parkland had a neo-army of kids going before people were cold.

I guess they had a harder time in Texas when the MO didn't fit.
    At the range this am, we had the same discussion. It doesn't fit their agenda (of the evil black weapon) therefore they moved back to Russia or whatever.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Don’t pay attention to the man behind the curtain. Keep looking at the big shiny thing on the big screen.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Texas AG: Gun control won't work

"After so many tragedies, we should consider everything to protect schools, not waste our time with futile and unconstitutional new gun control. The Santa Fe shooter, who had also built operational bombs, was apparently ready to kill using any means necessary, with guns or without.

"Moreover, not even the most avid mainstream gun-control proponents have proposed banning the guns he used: a shotgun and a revolver. Whatever one thinks of the Second Amendment, even repealing it wouldn’t erase the roughly 300 million guns already in the country — it would simply disarm the law-abiding. In other words, nothing of practical use — only cheap political points — can come from muddying the waters with more gun control propaganda."

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/637216002/

He has my vote! AN4

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast