Thread: Better accuracy from KAC chf barrel or criterion cl?

Feedback Score

Better accuracy from KAC chf barrel or criterion cl?

Kac SR15 mod 1 or a criterion chrome lined 16" hybrid profile?

I saw Criterion put out the barrel arguing that there's was superior to the standard CHF, but wondering if anyone independent has feedback, thanks

Feedback Score
    I can’t speak to the precision potential of the Criterion barrel.

I have a limited number of rounds through a current KAC SR-15 E3 Mod 2, and was favorably impressed with the limited number of rounds I put through it. Using 75gr Hornady Steel Match I was getting around 1 MOA at 100 yards for a 5 shot group with just a front bag for support, and a 1-4X24 Nightforce for glass. I suspect the rifle can do better from a solid bench rest and rear bag, in addition to more magnification to allow a more refined sight picture. A highly experienced bench rest shooter of course would also get better results.

The Criterion is a heavier contour barrel though, and they enjoy solid reviews on turning out a good barrel. Given the difference in contour I’m not sure this is an apples to apples comparison. I have no doubt the Criterion barrel will shoot quite well.

I will comment that the Knight’s barrel has the nicest finish to the hard chrome in the chamber I’ve ever seen, looks like a mirror. Also the gas port on my Knight’s barrel is located in a groove in the rifling not up on a land. Not sure if that is intentional or just lucky, probably intentional. Pretty impressive attention to detail.

Feedback Score
    I know CHF barrels are considered accurate, but are they 1 MOA accurate?

Feedback Score
    I also have 2 DD 18” CHF barrels that I have quite a few more rounds through and both are honest 1 MOA barrels with match ammo.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have a SR-15 Mod 1 and it is crazy accurate for a CHF. I hover around 1 MOA with a Burris 1-4x if I do my part. It runs circles around my 3x Noveske CHF barrels. I have no experience with the Criterion barrels.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Criterion CL barrels are MOA accurate with the right factory ammo. I can attest to that out to 200, at least. The AMU uses the 16" rifle-gas version. These have a .092 port, FYI.
    I also have a DD S2W 16 that is an MOA barrel with several factory loads. Again, tested out to 200. 10rd groups, off bi-pod.