Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question: National Match BCG'S & other accuracy questions..

Feedback Score
    Not sure how or why an anti-tilt carrier would increase accuracy or help anything in a DI gun. A piston AR is another story.
    The bullet has left the bore before the carrier begins it's rearward movement, correct? I believe this to be true with most common AR-15 barrel lengths/gas system lengths. Not so sure about 26'' space guns.
    Also, there is inherently some wiggle between the bolt and bolt carrier. Slight. So even if the carrier had zero tilt and rode on linear bearing rails, the bolt itself could tilt ever so slightly whichever way it wants to. The ejector's/extractor's pressure on a chambered cartridge might pre-load(tilt) the bolt to some extent too. I guess this could be effected by cartridge headspace.
    Finally, let's say the carrier is moving rearward just before the bullet has left the muzzle, a mm or two, wouldn't the tilt be the same each time and therefore not hurt accuracy?
    Last edited by P2000; 05-21-18 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You see? When I see guys like this who freaking EXPERTS putting validity to NM bcg's..theres GOT to be some kinda worth..or no one would bother making them.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    You see? When I see guys like this who freaking EXPERTS putting validity to NM bcg's..theres GOT to be some kinda worth..or no one would bother making them.
    Not to be sarcastic, but the same is said about barrel break-in, and there is no consensus on that, at all. Some swear by it, while others swear at it.

I'm curious as to what kind of wear (If any?) those screws he put in add to the rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Given the experience of the man in the video, I will give his opinion weight. I have had several match rifles that would easily shoot 1-1/2" groups at 300 yards off the bench without addressing the issue of bolt carrier tilt.
    Train 2 Win

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234