Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question: National Match BCG'S & other accuracy questions..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    If cost is no object, there's no need to handload these days-- there are so many great factory loads available. I have not tried them all but getting under 1 MOA is no struggle and a bunch of them will do 1/2 MOA.... I wish I had time to do a comparo shoot using my rear-banded carrier. Maybe later this summer.
    Id be interested in your favorite factory loads, if you care to divulge them..also, who makes a rear-banded carrier? I cannot find them.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Google "Anti-tilt bolt carrier"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    How about a slightly different approach?
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod64568.aspx
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Thanks...been using the wrong terminology.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    How about a slightly different approach?
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod64568.aspx
    Wow..never saw that before.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Black Hills 77's-- just over half an inch (Blue Box). Nosler 69's and 77's, same. Federal GMM deserves its rep too for accuracy. My two most accurate barrels are a Wilson Combat Super Sniper 20" and an Adams Arms Voodoo which surprisingly is a standard Gov't profile barrel.... but wow it shoots!

Almost anything with 77 Sierra Match Kings will hover around or under an inch-- the IMI, the CBC for example. Hornady loads 75 BTHP's thee ways including a "match" version but for me the most accurate has been the 5.56 version (the others are .223 pressure).

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Putting "national match" in front of something is akin to putting "tactical" in front of a product name. It doesnt mean shit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Putting "national match" in front of something is akin to putting "tactical" in front of a product name. It doesnt mean shit.
    I tend to agree fully. The noted differences on the Young Mfg bcg were a 30% increase in the contact surfaces of the carrier, along with being 1 ounce heavier for dwell time.
    "Supposed" to keep bolt in more perfect alignment during lock-up. Thats what THEY say...and why I asked here for expert advice.
    After reading and studying this issue for a few weeks now, Ive come to believe that, yes, it PROBABLY makes some difference..but getting a bolt matched up to a barrel will probably achieve as much or greater results, so thats where Im headed right now, pending further incoming info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Black Hills 77's-- just over half an inch (Blue Box). Nosler 69's and 77's, same. Federal GMM deserves its rep too for accuracy. My two most accurate barrels are a Wilson Combat Super Sniper 20" and an Adams Arms Voodoo which surprisingly is a standard Gov't profile barrel.... but wow it shoots!

Almost anything with 77 Sierra Match Kings will hover around or under an inch-- the IMI, the CBC for example. Hornady loads 75 BTHP's thee ways including a "match" version but for me the most accurate has been the 5.56 version (the others are .223 pressure).
    I really appreciate that info sir, awesome of you to give it out. Some dudes guard that info like the family jewels!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I haven't tinkered with the Anti-tilt bolt carriers and haven't heard them discussed at rifle matches. Do you notice a difference in accuracy?
    Train 2 Win

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast