Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is faster? (DA-related)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Or cowboy action shooting’s two digit power factor.
    THATS what you poke fun at lol, the costumes are like the fishing vest of IDPA x100000 haha

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    One of the best things about DA is the convenience of dry fire. *click click click click click click click*
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    When I did some IDPA years ago, I wish I had a dollar for every time I was up and the RO looked me up and down and said, "do you have your weapon?"

Other shooters, too. They'd scan my torso and say, "What are you carrying?" or "where is your pistol?"

It's because I wore what I wore everyday. I didn't dress any different for the competition. Other than I'd avoid wearing my newer clothes because of possible carbon/grease/oil stains.

It seemed I was in the tiny minority of those participating in the "spirit" and "intent" of the original game.

I knew I wasn't going to win when 75% of the shooters were "gaming". About 20% were simply new shooters who didn't have a clue. I always tried to help them out with whatever they wanted to know IF they seemed receptive, asked, or really looked lost.

What I also didn't care for was EVERY target was "two hits to neutralize". Never one, never five. "Two shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be two!"

Also, ALL cover MUST be crowded!

I really stopped going when it became over an hour between stages and I felt like the training scars weren't worth the little extra stress the game added.
    Last edited by Ron3; 05-20-18 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know that every DA/SA firearm that I have used would require compromising grip. Add in a beaver tail, or weird geometry, and now you have issues.

I suppose, in theory, if you thumbed the hammer in the holster, (encountering a threat or something ) you could draw to SA. But that's asking for problems when safeties be a lackin.

If you buy DA/SA to carry spend more time on the DA phase.

My CZ has seen 4-5 times more dry fires in DA than in SA. It can get to be very fast.

We're talking Minute of Man, in most cases within 7 feet, odd cases up to 21 feet.

Your DA pull doesn't have to make 1/2 MOA @100 yards, it needs to make a minute of man hit and transition into a SA pull for those followups.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 05-20-18 at 11:28.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    When I did some IDPA years ago, I wish I had a dollar for every time I was up and the RO looked me up and down and said, "do you have your weapon?"

Other shooters, too. They'd scan my torso and say, "What are you carrying?" or "where is your pistol?"

It's because I wore what I wore everyday. I didn't dress any different for the competition. Other than I'd avoid wearing my newer clothes because of possible carbon/grease/oil stains.

It seemed I was in the tiny minority of those participating in the "spirit" and "intent" of the original game.

I knew I wasn't going to win when 75% of the shooters were "gaming". About 20% were simply knew shooters who didn't have a clue. I always tried to help them out with whatever they wanted to know IF they seemed receptive, asked, or really looked lost.

What I also didn't care for was EVERY target was "two hits to neutralize". Never one, never five. "Two shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be two!"

Also, ALL cover MUST be crowded!

I really stopped going when it became over an hour between stages and I felt like the training scars weren't worth the little extra stress the game added.
    Yeah, the fishing vests are the gamer-est things ever. I sometimes get the “is that your cover garment” question on a stage start, because I wear normal people clothes.

Some of my local matches kick off a stage with a Bill Drill, FAST Drill, or Mozambique Drill on the first target.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    THATS what you poke fun at lol, the costumes are like the fishing vest of IDPA x100000 haha
    Why all the hate for folks shooting? The more people who shoot, regardless of reasons, or venue, the more folks we have to protect gun rights. Even if they are just playing golf with guns.

I know see a lot of husband and wife teams shooting Cowboy Action and GSSF around my neck of the woods. That is a good thing in my view.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Why all the hate for folks shooting? .
    No hate. Just teasing, ribbing, and complaining about how IDPA is run.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Why all the hate for folks shooting? The more people who shoot, regardless of reasons, or venue, the more folks we have to protect gun rights. Even if they are just playing golf with guns.

I know see a lot of husband and wife teams shooting Cowboy Action and GSSF around my neck of the woods. That is a good thing in my view.
    Who said anything about hate.

There is no greater entertainment between guys than the most brutal left handed compliment or savage piss taking.

Assuming you’re a guy.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Who said anything about hate.

There is no greater entertainment between guys than the most brutal left handed compliment or savage piss taking.

Assuming you’re a guy.
    Now that 'assuming your a guy' was some savage piss talking!

I was upbraided by a guy at a swim meet for using the word 'f@ck' in a conversation with him. I said, 'Sorry, I thought, well, you know, you were a guy, you know.' Whooee! After that was all over we ended up eating lunch together.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post

No, it Will never be as fast as a striker fired model with someone equally capable, but it is surprisingly close if you practice. Maybe just a few tenths of a second. It’s all shot placement when you boil down to it.
    Respectfully, I don't buy that. USPSA production division is dominated by DA/SA guns. If what you said is true, then everyone in the sport would be running Glocks and M&Ps.

Speaking only for myself, I can match my drill PRs with a CZ that I've only been shooting one month after spending a decade behind Glocks exclusively and making GM with a G34.

The gun just flat doesn't matter from a performance perspective.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast