Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A knife my brother made for me

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's a beautiful blade! Your brother is clearly very talented.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That is a beautiful chopper. your brother could do well building knives.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I want believe how much you guys like the knife, makes me very proud to own it, a big thank you to you all.
    I'm thinking about making a sheath for it so it isn't just laying around. I was going to do what I'm best at and make a nice wooden presentation box for it but I thought a tough kydex sheath might be more fitting, and useful. What do you folks think? Presentation box or kydex sheath?
    I know it's really big for a carry blade but I have a few large knives and they all came with sheath of one sort or another, and they protect the blades well too.
    I've worked a little with kydex and with wood a lot but I believe I could pull it off in acceptable fashion.

Feedback Score
    Such awesome talent, that’s really beautiful.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillB View Post
    What do you folks think? Presentation box or kydex sheath?
    I vote both! Presentation box for when it's not in use and tough kydex for the field...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I say both, also. The sheath, because your knife has been an awesome blade for you so far, why not carry it & continue to use it from time to time. The presentation box, because it's a beautiful thing and that would be a great display.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, I had better get to work then. Wood I know about, and have many different kinds, kydex I know little about and have none. Also, I know to do it right (kydex) I'll also need some special bolts and nuts, maybe washers and various hardware bits. I'll have to layout and design both, the sheath, if it's to be truly functional and have and versatility and longevity, will require some study and thought on my part but I think if y'all help, we can do both. ��
    I've been wanting to build something new, I'll get started and make this blade a home, or two.

Feedback Score
    He most definitely has skills. Maybe buy him a cheap harbor freight disk/belt sander at least?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    He most definitely has skills. Maybe buy him a cheap harbor freight disk/belt sander at least?
    Ha ha, already did that, the little green one. I think it was a 1" belt or something like that, and about a 4" disk. I gave him that last time we saw each other around Christmas time, when he gave me the knife. I give him anything I have that might help him.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Just saw this, but if your brother ever decides to do this for money, that would be great in a 4-5 inch blade as well ... you know, just saying. And I'll be happy to pay then test drive it ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast