Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to treat or preserve the very rare safe Queen ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

How to treat or preserve the very rare safe Queen ?

So, I have one Dirty Harry that has been fired twice at the factory. I don't shoot it. The guy sent it in the factory box, in a priority BAG, and the box got all effed up. But still the gun is amazing and the blueing is stunning. Thats number one.

I recently went on a Cowboy gun run. I cant afford a Colt in 45LC, so I bought a .22 and .22mg New Fronteer it had never been fired but didn't have box and papers so I'm shooting it. I bought another with all the box and papers etc. Its never been fired either. Im going to dedicate that one to safe queen for my Grandsons one day.

How do you preserve these guns best. A friend suggested Renaissance, Micro wax cream. Its like a polish.

What says you guys? Any feedback much appreciated.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Shoot that joker unless you going to resell it. Why leave it for your husband in law?

Husband in law = the new dude your wife marries after you croak.

I understand collecting though, I have used mothers paste wax.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Shoot that joker unless you going to resell it. Why leave it for your husband in law?

Husband in law = the new dude your wife marries after you croak.

I understand collecting though, I have used mothers paste wax.
    Hey fck tard, what are you talking about? Your post makes no sense. And adds no value, next time your brain shuts down, stay off the keyboard. One more little prick that is emboldened by a keyboard.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How to treat or preserve the very rare safe Queen ?

Cosmoline worked to ensure your great Grandsons’ grandson will have a Mosin.

Really depends on what’s you’re trying to preserve it for, to be useful one day, or a museum piece.

A good cover in oil and periodic cleaning will keep it beautiful for decades.

Last edited by JulyAZ; 05-19-18 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Cosmoline worked to ensure your great Grandsons’ grandson will have a Mosin.

Really depends on what’s you’re trying to preserve it for, to be useful one day, or a museum piece.

A good cover in oil and periodic cleaning will keep it beautiful for decades.

Thanks for the feedback. One day I expect it to be shot. Not museum, Just don't want to peel it open one day and its tarnished or pitted or ....

Feedback Score
    Take a look at break free collector. It's a preservative oil, supposed to be for storage purposes. It's the only thing that stopped my 870 from producing brown rags every cleaning. That plus being in AZ should have you covered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    A lot depends on your area if it is humid and has temperature changes that would require more protection. I have guns bought new in the early 1970's that have been stored in a temp and humidity controlled environment, and all of my guns have stayed in new condition. Once a year I try to get them out and put oil on them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I use silicone gun socks/sleeves on my keepers PB.
    Have some collecter revolvers like yours and a few old Winchester lever guns/shotguns that never get shot in the safe and socks and they’ve been fine for years.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Hey fck tard, what are you talking about? Your post makes no sense. And adds no value, next time your brain shuts down, stay off the keyboard. One more little prick that is emboldened by a keyboard.

PB
    Good grief PB, the first part was a joke.

The second part was advice on what works good to preserve the finish. Mother’s paste wax. Enjoy the finish without the cosmoline yuck and feel.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/0...tml#&slider1=9

You are correct, my brain did shutdown/skip over the part about leaving the 22 for your Grandsons. I got fixed on the first firearm mentioned and what to put on it. I didn’t read second paragraph with full attention. However, the response was a little over the top.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 05-19-18 at 20:51.

Feedback Score
    Here's a good article on firearms preservatives. I personally use Weapon's Shield myself but have been thinking of going to the WD40 Rust Preventative because it outlasted everything else just about according to this test.

http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast