Thread: Remington RP9

Feedback Score

Remington RP9

Browsing the local Sportsman's Warehouse this morning and noticed that they had some Remington RP9's on the wall for $299. Did some mental calculations, and figuring the military discount plus tax it would be about $310 out the door for me. Even the Turkish guns aren't usually that cheap, so Remington can't be making very much profit on this model (or maybe they are - I don't know). Talking with the counter guy, he remarked that even when these go on sale for $250 there's hardly any takers.

The RP9 was brutally roasted when it was introduced (I've heard it referred to, rightly or wrongly, to as "the Beretta M9 for the New Century"). More recent reviews have been kinder, with many folks saying that it's a decently accurate and reliable range gun. It's RP45 cousin has since been introduced with generally favorable reviews.

So, it seems the consensus is that the RP9/RP45 should work fine as long as you don't get it wet or muddy. Anyone actually own one of these?
    Last edited by Slater; 05-19-18 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Why anyone would was their hard earned $$$ on anything Remington, IDK.

Feedback Score
    They show up on CDNN occasionally for $200 or just under if I recall correctly. They've fallen pretty far from their initial release hype.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Comparing the RP9 to the M9 is not even close. The M9 is a high-quality, well-made, reliable, accurate, durable and proven platform. The only thing this disaster has to the M9 is both are full size pistols. A more accurate comparison is the RP9 is the new Hi-Point or something homemade in a shop in Pakistan.
    Last edited by Maverick07; 05-20-18 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    I think it was presented in the context of most of us remembering the endless criticism heaped on the M9 over the past three decades - it's too big for a 9mm, it's too environment sensitive, the mags suck, they should've picked the SIG P226, the sights suck, and on and on and on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Usually one gets what one pays for. I would rather spend my money on a quality used firearm than a new Remington.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I can't believe people even consider Remington products anymore, much less their abortion of an attempt at making pistols.

Feedback Score
    I think the uninformed "Average Joe" just sees a good deal and doesn't know much about current quality trends. To be fair, the RP9 is getting generally favorable reviews in recent months so maybe the worst of the bugs are worked out. I don't think Glock, SIG, H&K have much to worry about, though.