Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro T-1 battery last 20 minutes max??

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Micro T-1 battery last 20 minutes max??

In regards to my Aimpoint Micro T-1, I just bought a variety of CR2032 lithium batteries from Amazon. I have tried, Duracell, Energizer, Panasonic, Toshiba, Phillips and Tenergy and I only get roughly 20 minutes of battery life. I put a new battery in and set the power output mode to 5 and can clearly and visually see the red dot, turn the power off completely. Wait approximately 20 minutes and turn back on and the battery is completely dead. I purchased a dedicated CR2032 battery tester from Pixnor and confirmed that every battery is dead.

Am I missing something? This just started happening within the last 5 days. I thought at first I bought old batteries but this is too consistent. My T-1 is approximately 4 years old and has been used maybe 5 times- maybe 300 rounds. Always turned off when not in use. I put a KAC battery cap on last year and it was not a problem then. Weapon is always stored in gun bag, inside house, never dropped, abused or have any noticeable wear.

How long do the T-1 diode usually last? Is this fixable. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Have you contacted Aimpoint?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Have you contacted Aimpoint?
    This.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Something is wrong with your T1. Contact Aimpoint and they will make it right. They have great CS

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I change the batteries in my T-1's every Feb. 29th whether they need it or not. Something is wrong with yours, it may sound like the proverbial broken record but, contact Aimpoint.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Try it with the Aimpoint battery cap. The kac requires two batteries back to back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have an H-1 that has been sitting in my gun safe for 4 years or more with batteries in it and the dot set on the lowest setting. Still works.
    Last edited by austinN4; 05-20-18 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My T-1 has had the same battery for over a year now and been left on constantly in the safe and is still going strong. I would definitely contact Aimpoint

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I would try it with the original cap and a fresh battery. A buddy of mine recently had some problems on his Aimpoint that were remedied by going back to the original cap.
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-23-18 at 10:47.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The A answer is to return to the OEM cap and give it a go.
    After that, contact Aimpoint. My one dealing with them over an H1 was very positive.

If you really want to get into the weeds, loan your KAC cap to a friend with an Aimpoint and see if they can reproduce the results.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast