Not much to this post other than initial impressions so far, but there’s very little on these pants so I figured I’d give my brief thoughts and expand on them as I can.

My experience with them is limited to about six hours of a USPSA match. Weather was stereotypical Hawaii - sunny and warm, about 75 degrees with a slight breeze.

I didn’t do much movement but the few times I had to crouch, bend over, etc, I didn’t notice any discomfort, unlike some of my Vertx pants (which are typically my go-to). I don’t think they have built in stretch panels but the material has a little bit of give to it and it is very well cut.

Sizing is somewhat generous, especially by Arc’teryx standards. Most people should be able to stick to their normal size and the fit will be slightly baggy. I was actually concerned they’d be too baggy and the excess material would be annoying. I tried a full set of the Vertx combat uniform a few months ago and that was definitely my experience there, but I didn’t even notice it with the dead bird pants.

Bottom line, these pants feel amazing. The closest thing I can compare them to would be the Vertx Airflow, but they almost feel like there’s mesh for 70% of the pants. My concern is durability, because they are so light. However, I do have a paper thin Goretex jacket from them that I really expected to rip within a few months and it’s been going strong for years, so we’ll see. Since Crye raised the prices on their G3s, and the G4s aren’t even out yet, I think these are worth the look for anyone that needs to operate hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk