Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arc’teryx Assault Pant LT

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Arc’teryx Assault Pant LT

Not much to this post other than initial impressions so far, but there’s very little on these pants so I figured I’d give my brief thoughts and expand on them as I can.

My experience with them is limited to about six hours of a USPSA match. Weather was stereotypical Hawaii - sunny and warm, about 75 degrees with a slight breeze.

I didn’t do much movement but the few times I had to crouch, bend over, etc, I didn’t notice any discomfort, unlike some of my Vertx pants (which are typically my go-to). I don’t think they have built in stretch panels but the material has a little bit of give to it and it is very well cut.

Sizing is somewhat generous, especially by Arc’teryx standards. Most people should be able to stick to their normal size and the fit will be slightly baggy. I was actually concerned they’d be too baggy and the excess material would be annoying. I tried a full set of the Vertx combat uniform a few months ago and that was definitely my experience there, but I didn’t even notice it with the dead bird pants.

Bottom line, these pants feel amazing. The closest thing I can compare them to would be the Vertx Airflow, but they almost feel like there’s mesh for 70% of the pants. My concern is durability, because they are so light. However, I do have a paper thin Goretex jacket from them that I really expected to rip within a few months and it’s been going strong for years, so we’ll see. Since Crye raised the prices on their G3s, and the G4s aren’t even out yet, I think these are worth the look for anyone that needs to operate hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For a top tier brand like Arc’teryx I feel like they dropped the ball with their pants by not offering separate inseam sizing. I got a pair of combat pants pants from them a while back that was simultaneously too small around the waist and too long in the legs. For the price they charge I would expect at least sizing in the evens eg. 32x32 32x34. Also like you said they run pretty baggy, which is pretty pointless if you're going to be using stretch fabrics and not running anything underneath. The only dead bird pants I kept were the alpha LTs where the bagginess makes sense since Ill be using them as a shell over regular pants.

Their jackets though are top notch and nailed the sizing on those pretty well, those I highly recommend.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-21-18 at 03:51.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the info, Wake27. While their quality and construction has always been top notch, Arc'teryx LEAF pant fit has always been a bit weird on me - tight around the waist and front, and too baggy in the legs (and inseam too long - which would be fixed by offering different inseam lengths as vicious_cb pointed out).

I completely agree that a pant that uses stretch fabric does not need to be as loose-fitting as one that does not.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for the information
    Any leads on least baggy summer cargos with mostly poly blend ?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Inseam sizing is a good point, mine fit me very well so I hadn’t even thought of that. I really don’t mind the extra room inside the pants, I’ve had their xFunctional pant as well as their earlier generation of combat pant (Talos maybe?). Both of those were pretty snug and while it may have been fine if I went a size or two larger, it felt like there was barely any room for my junk in the ones that I had. These pants just feel light weight and comfortable. I’ll try to get a better picture in them this weekend, they’re definitely not cut like the Crye G3s, but like I said, I didn’t feel like I was swimming in them either.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    While a bit loose, I believe that this is by intention, as this was designed for jungle use, after all; my Beyond Rig ULT pants are similarly a bit looser is cut compared to my Otte Alpine Pants. I'm currently using a size XS, and cut is probably less baggy that my Vertx Phantom Ops 30"×30".

I've used it for 2 gun and for a ruck march, all in desert environs, and they've held up fine. I currently have Crye AirFlex Field knee pads in them, and they sit a little high, but stop get the job done. Also, the back pockets have holes built into them, I assume for drainage, so don't put small objects in there (e.g., lip balm).

My only real complaint is that it makes no special provisions for the use of the Knee Caps, despite the marketing literature suggesting it does.

Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-21-18 at 12:05.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    While a bit loose, I believe that this is by intention, as this was designed for jungle use, after all...

My only real complaint is that it makes no special provisions for the use of the Knee Caps, despite the marketing literature suggesting it does.

Agreed on both points. I need to get the top too.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Looks like there are some specs out now, too, on Crye's hot weather uniforms: http://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/22...hell-garments/

Interesting to see that the fabric used has much lower breathability, at 30 CFM, compared to Katana's 70 CFM. Makes me wonder what the breathability on the fabric is used by Tyr's Huron Hot Weather line and Beyond's Equatorial line.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Thanks for the info, Wake27. While their quality and construction has always been top notch, Arc'teryx LEAF pant fit has always been a bit weird on me - tight around the waist and front, and too baggy in the legs (and inseam too long - which would be fixed by offering different inseam lengths as vicious_cb pointed out).

I completely agree that a pant that uses stretch fabric does not need to be as loose-fitting as one that does not.
    I think Im starting to become a tactical hipster. The perfect fit for me seems to be loose in the thighs and then tapers down to a slim fit around the calves to minimize snagging on low brush. Looking back in history, there must be a reason dudes from the 18th century to WWII were using knee high gaiters and not running loose around the lower leg.

Back to baggy...why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    even with the recent increase in price, what does the Arc’teryx offer for $50 more over the Crye G3?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast