Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 4 for M16A1 Returned For Correction

Feedback Score

Form 4 for M16A1 Returned For Correction

My dealer called me today to let me know that they had received the Form 4 for my M16A1 back due to my name being misspelled. She asked how I spell my name, I told her, and she responded that that's the way it's on the form. So, she called them. It turns out that the officer who did my fingerprint cards misspelled my middle name by using an e instead of an a. I'm kicking myself for missing the officer's mistake, but I did hand her my driver's license to copy from.

The ATF agent that she spoke with told her to send it back with a note indicating that the fingerprint cards were incorrect. I guess it would be too much to ask for them to look through the stack of approved Form 1's and Form 4's to see what they've already approved. If that's not enough, they have the spelling of my name on my C&R license. Not to go on a rant, but I think that this is pretty illustrative of how much of a waste gun control is. Law enforcement is literally spending time chasing down one incorrect letter in the middle name of a person that they've performed about twenty complete background checks on. Meanwhile, the vast majority of actual convicted felons who have failed the background checks in their attempts to purchase firearms are never prosecuted.

To top it all off, I have two other Form 4's and one Form 1 that is still outstanding. All were sent in with fingerprint cards that have the same incorrect spelling. Now I have to figure out what to do about those. On the bright side, I was going to send of a Form 1 for my Zenith Z43P which included the fingerprint cards with the incorrect spelling. The call from my dealer saved that from happening. Also, my M16A1 is getting close to being approved.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You can send a correction for the pending forms before they get denied usually.

I've never done that with fingerprint cards before though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That shouldn't have been a rejection.

Are you sure it wasn't just a correction letter? RWA's are rare and the kiss of death. Correction letters are common and no big deal at all.

Feedback Score
    Joshua, you are correct. The form was returned for correction. I was using the term "rejected" in general sense, but I should have been clearer with the title. I'd edit the title, but can't figure out how to do so.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Joshua, you are correct. The form was returned for correction. I was using the term "rejected" in general sense, but I should have been clearer with the title. I'd edit the title, but can't figure out how to do so.
    Then you're good, probably a couple week delay at most. The ATF wants things how the ATF wants them... not necessarily what makes sense. (It's a headache and a half... a while back I had them try to argue with me about .308 vs 7.62 on a form regarding the caliber.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_capitolarmory View Post
    Then you're good, probably a couple week delay at most.
    Don't bet on it. I had to do a simple correction on a form and it reset the clock back to zero.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    My dealer said that it would be a couple of weeks. Hopefully, she's correct. If I don't have it in a month, I'll have her give a follow-up call.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Don't bet on it. I had to do a simple correction on a form and it reset the clock back to zero.
    Someone did you dirty then... a correction should never reset the clock back to zero. That's what happens with an RWA... but with a correction it generally goes right back to whomever was working on it. Someone at the ATF screwed up pretty bad if that happened.

Feedback Score
    I recently received a letter from the ATF stating they hadn’t received my RPQ (5320.20). So, I stopped by my SOT dealer’s office & we faxed another copy to the ATF, - for the 3rd time. I called two weeks later & asked if he’d received the form, etc & he says “No.”. I called my SOT dealer to make him aware of the issue & immediately thereafter the ATF guy calls me back & says he found the email & that we’re all set. That’s been a week & a half ago. I’m hoping I can pick up my can this week. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by WaterWalker0311; 05-27-18 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterWalker0311 View Post
    I recently received a letter from the ATF stating they hadn’t received my RPQ (5320.20).
    Just to prevent any confusion to anybody else reading that...

The RPQ is a 5320.23, and the 5320.20 is for interstate transport.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast